Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sean

Goldfish newbie here! :)

Hello everyone!

I'm pretty new with the whole fishkeeping concept, and was just wondering if I could just use a bubble wall as something to aerate my aquarium. Is this okay, or do I need more things to aerate the tank like air stones? Thanks for the help! :)

Yes it's always best to have aeration in a goldfish tank, so an airstone is needed if your filtration system doesn't aerate it enough. The smaller the bubbles the better, since that dissolves faster in the water :)

The bubble wall is fine. I dont consider aeration a requirement in a properly stocked tank, although its surely good to have.

A bubble wall is essentially an airstone :) just describes the shape. Extra aeration in a tank is always a good thing

the more bubbles the better ;)

Okay, thanks for the help everyone! :D

I love the bubbles!! My big tank has a 4 or 5 foot bubble wall, 2 bubble balls, & there are 2 Dragon bubblers!! Plus 2 Aquaclear 110s dumping a ton 'o water..which creates LOTS o' bubbles too!! I think lots of water movement helps keep healthy water...you just want to have some "resting" spots too!