Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BurningIvy

Fry with issues

I don't know nothing bout birthing no babies.

I giggled SO hard at this.

What a fine young fish we have here =D

Such a proud moment <3

At what age does he stop being fry and become goldfish?

It's kinda like people, if he's your fry, well then he'll always be fry to you :D Him wooking so wonely all by him selfiness. Precious widdle poopy pants.

All right the rest of you quit laughing, yes I'm talking baby talk to a fish, get over it.

My guess would be that once Bill colors up (changes from his fry green into adult colors) he'll be a "goldfish". I'm with Smegy though; no matter what age he'll always be your fry <3

He's my little baby. And always will be. I can't wait to see his color. And see if Bill becomes gender neutral "billy" I hope he's a boy though.

Well if worst comes to worst she can be called billyana :rofl so no matter what he/she can still be bill

So the last batch of eggs was unfertilized but never fear! We have more today. What is in my water?

Ok so what number batch are we on? 187? I've lost count. Does the availability of food come into the amount of eggs laid? I know some species of animals won't breed if food is scarce. If so put those heifers on a diet :tomuch:

:rofl I'm not sure what's in the water but I'd avoid it unless you want some fry of your own! :rofl

If I'm not mistaken this is round 7. They have to stop... I can't deal with that many babies swimming around.

Round 7. I'd like Round 1. But with what I think are 3 females I don't think it would matter. Wish we were close so I could adapt-a-round!! :rofl

Goldfish spawn with changes of barometric pressure (storms and such) and water temperature fluctuations; a healthy female can spawn every 7-10 days (and I'd say your girl is EXTRA healthy). You could always try raising the temperature and lowering your feedings to once or twice a day, otherwise you might have to sleep outside to make room for your fry.

They eat only twice a day... maybe I'll just go with extra moderation. I know she's so healthy but I don't want her to spawn herself into illness and I heard that can happen...

Maybe you should post a d&d thread. See if anybody knows how to snap her out of mass egg production. Did my little godson get lots o presents from Santa?

he got some soilent green =) and a whole lot o' love.

:nana. he's eating big boy food!! :)

Awwwwww they grow up so fast.

He is getting big. I wish I had my camera back to give you all an appropriate update. =( but it is far away. maybe phone pictures in a bit but they just aren't that good.

Had some new babies hatch today =) It's been a few weeks and I forgot how tiny they are when they first pop out of their eggs!

Um maybe you should just wave a white flag and go into the wholesale goldfish business :)

And pics of Big Bill, too! Don't forget Bill!

We're not gonna shut up. PICS!!!