Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
fantailfan1

Disease Diagnose/Treatment Section

10 posts in this topic

I noticed many people who post in the 911/Emergency section or the Diagnosis and Disease section often skip the form at the top of the page. I am wondering if it is possible to make that form automatically pop up when you click the "Start New Topic" button in those sections? That way it's kind of in your face, fill this out please.

I know not all new posts in those sections require the form to be filled out but the vast majority do. Perhaps the form could pop up but make it possible for the poster to select the form and delete it if they don't need it?

It just seems like a lot of the people post "My fish has a lump" or "My fish has fin rot" and we have to ask for the info before recommending treatment.

Just a thought. :)

Good idea!

the form does appear the moment you press start new topic, but it can be bypassed by just scrolling as you can see. this has been asked before but i don't think the older site supported it. i am not sure if this site does either.

also, it would be considered a pop up i think and a lot of firewalls block pop ups.

doesn't hurt to ask tho.,. it's a great idea.

I know it appears when you push start new topic but it's at the top of the page and many people do scroll right past it. Would it be a pop up if it appeared in the Reply to this Topic section as you click in that area? Probably . . .

Just asking, not trying to be sassy. :wub: I know very little about computers to be honest with you. :)

Thanks.

Like a fill-in form in the post? That would be extremely helpful.

when you look at the site on tapatalk you can't see the questions at all. last time i posted i totally forgot about them :wacko:

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Like a fill-in form in the post? That would be extremely helpful.

Yep that's what I was thinking. I can never seem to copy and paste the form so I just type it all in. But, like I said, I'm not very computer literate.

There might be a code you can use to make this show up, I could do some searching if koko is okay with it!

There might be a code, problem is it would show up on the whole forum, also people would be expecting a reply in that forum.... I understand what you guys are wanting. But in all honesty it would make a mountain out of a mole hill. :(

OK, thanks anyway. :)