Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BurningIvy

My tank is a maternity ward =/

Of course he made it! He heard it was Thanksgiving today and wanted to know what the fuss was all about! :)

Glad to hear it. :D

Wooooooooooo! Hoooooooooooooooo! Man I don't even both eyes open but worrying about little Bill and the babies woke me up. I'm gonna need caffein before I sing him happy birthday :D

haha aww you love him almost as much as I do. The little ones are all still around from last night. None were lost in the night =)

AWESOME!!! I just asked on the 911 thread. Been checking on here umpteen times today, was hoping for an update before I go into the yawning abyss that is Walmart. Nay, though I walk through the valley of the black Friday sale, I will fear no fat housewife. :D

Great news! Yay Little Bill and the little ones. :)

Everyone is still doing well. I lost a few babies (down to 12) =( But the ones that are still here seem to be doing well. Water changes are of course helping a lot too! Pictures later =)

Well 12 is a good number, before long they'll be eating you out of house and home.

How are little Bill and the babies? lol that sounds like a Motown act, coming to you live it's Little Bill and The Babies :rofl

I'm actually in the process of uploading pictures but my phone is being stupid =/ They're all doing well. I did a water change and the little babies got all excited. Bill has developed a dorsal fin. He's growing up so fast.

Were they excited or running for their lives lol. Aww little man getting to be such a big boy already. Can't wait to see new pics!

Edited by smegypsiren

A dorsal fin?! How fun! he is growing up fast! Can't wait for the pics. :)

Babies <3

291795_4887794362645_2123698057_n.jpg

574593_4887950846557_279059255_n.jpg

15211_4887951926584_1160321776_n.jpg

486361_4888002487848_1122687238_n.jpg

483449_4888002887858_133791102_n.jpg

542816_4888003727879_216854576_n.jpg

And of course Little Bill <3

542943_4888017488223_2123786617_n.jpg

224077_4888019928284_550958840_n.jpg

224111_4888031008561_2089709840_n.jpg

14356_4888029968535_1407251642_n.jpg

543000_4888029608526_1102280983_n.jpg

WOW is he growing!!! He looks great!

Thanks for the update. :)

OMG he's huge! And so photogenic :D The babies are still so tiny, hard to imagine they'll be big ol honkin goldies one day.

I love his itty bitty fins. I can see his other fins coming in as well but they don't hardly show up in pictures. I know the other babies are sooooo little. I want them to start growing up!

I'm really enjoying watching their progress. :)

Thanks =) this is just about the most exciting thing in my little world. In fact, i think i'm starting to bug my coworkers and family with my talking about them!

LOL!! I really would love to raise fry again. My kids were only like 3 and 4 when I had fry so they don't remember. I think it would be a great experience for them. Well except for the fact that so many of them die in the beginning. It's so fun to watch them grow though! :heart

The dying part freaks me out! Idk if I could handle. I had Mr. Common, my fair koi for 3 days when he passed and I cried for 2 days. Dead babies??? I'd have to be thorazined.

Oh and my husband now thinks I'm crazy-er. I just showed him pics of Little Bill, I'm like look it's my godson!

Edited by smegypsiren

I send a pic of Little Bill to my boyfriend everyday. Here's your grandfish! and he just says ok? haha he's soo not into fish.

Oddly, the dead babies thing is a lot easier to take than losing an adult fish. You can't possibly have a personal bond with each fry so when they die it is a little easier to handle. I just kind of say i'm sorry that you didn't get a chance to grow up and it's over. Now that I'm down to a small amount though it is getting harder to say good bye. There's a few little ones that I know aren't going to make it (weird deformities) and it just breaks my heart. And don't even get me started on what happens if Little Bill doesn't make it...

Oh you bite your tongue woman! Little Bill is gonna live longer then that British fair fish. Your gonna have to assign him a guardian in your will, I'm just not havin it any other way!

Little Bill is my little miracle no matter how long he lives. I'm so impressed with his life so far. The man is a champ for sure. He better outlive me.

bill is great =) I've been posting updates in the thread labeled fry with issues. we've got pics too =)