Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wango

Enough

My goldfish floats NO MATTER WHAT he eats....he swims perfect, then one mouthfull = BOOM FLOAT

Floating pellets = float

sinking pellets = float

Vegetable flakes = float

treats such as blood worms = float

GEL FOOD = FLOAT

vegetables = float

what the hell can make him stop floating!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!

Have you tried fasting for a day?

Yea, i fast him :( usualy 1 day a week and sometimes feeding once a day only....nothing worked :'(

I totally can relate to this topic! I don't have the magic answer but the floatiness in my ryu has improved dramatically by very small meals of repashy soilent green (not sure which gel food you use), which has a high algae content. In addition to that I find about 1/4" of a green bean throughout the day helps. A little pea here and there, sometimes they will make him float though. I mean small meals, I give them each 2 tiny pieces of gel food 3 times a day but veggies only at the 4th meal. Mine was the same way, even 1 pellet would make him float. It sounds like yours is food related too, it can be very frustrating I know as I have played with diet for months now.

I added a heater too which I think has helped it also as it speeds up their metabolism. I have the tank at 74 now but there is a link here that has suggestions on swim bladder issues.

Here is that link here which has a few more suggestions. If you add heat, only turn it up a couple degrees a day until you see some improvement, which hopefully you will.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/disease-information/swim-bladder-disorder-r56

Edited by cmclien

How much do you feed at a time? I see that feeding several very small meals throughout the day really improve the situation. Repashy soilent green also was fantastic.

What kind of veggies do you feed? And how do you prepare them? How do you feed them?

it makes sense now guys..i am gonig to use ur advice and report back!!

I totally can relate to this topic! I don't have the magic answer but the floatiness in my ryu has improved dramatically by very small meals of repashy soilent green (not sure which gel food you use), which has a high algae content. In addition to that I find about 1/4" of a green bean throughout the day helps. A little pea here and there, sometimes they will make him float though. I mean small meals, I give them each 2 tiny pieces of gel food 3 times a day but veggies only at the 4th meal. Mine was the same way, even 1 pellet would make him float. It sounds like yours is food related too, it can be very frustrating I know as I have played with diet for months now.

I added a heater too which I think has helped it also as it speeds up their metabolism. I have the tank at 74 now but there is a link here that has suggestions on swim bladder issues.

Oh, What a great fish owner you are. That must take a lot of your time and energy to take care of your little guy. To Wango: I hope you get your fish to feeling better w/ suggestions you received.

Oh, What a great fish owner you are. That must take a lot of your time and energy to take care of your little guy. To Wango: I hope you get your fish to feeling better w/ suggestions you received.

Oh Thanks! lol I certainly try hard, (as most of us probably do). I saw some super cute calico ryukins today at Petsmart and mentioned to my husband maybe I wanted to get that 3rd fish for the tank and he was like no, no, wait until after all the holidays as you will fret and worry about this one too. Ha ha he's right, I will wait till January. At least the two I have are known quantities at this point :)

it makes sense now guys..i am gonig to use ur advice and report back!!

you can always start a thread in the D&D section and we can try to pin point it down for you, Just remember to fill out the forum on the top of the page :thumb: