Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
keekeeme

About Feeding The Monsters

Hello beautiful fishy people....

O.K.....here's the deal. I have two Orandas that fight for at least 5 to 10 minutes after feeding is over. I follow the two minute rule and scoop the food out. It would appear that they are still hungry I guess, but I have to feed sparingly because I'm still cycling this tank.

What I mean by fight, well, it's really kinda funny, they push each other, trying to get to nonexistant food.

Also.....no matter what I feed one of my fish (besides peas) he gets floaty afterward. I feed peas every other day for this reason....but I feel like my other fish is getting cheated because it appears he could eat alot more and have no problems....

Should I feed these two more often after cycling is through or will they always fight like this? Throughout the rest of the day they get along swimmingly.

Keekee

I would suggest going to the Goldfish Food section on the forum, and look at some of the homemade gel food recipes that are "pinned" there.

I make a simple homemade gel food for my floaty fish, and they can eat it and not float. Maybe you could give this a try :D

Also, about the jostling. It may be better once the fish are better fed, but they may continue to do it too :D

my 2 commons do the same and occasionally the bigger one chases the other ones.. at first i was really worried but now i see them as friendly, because the two commons are so close they sleep next to each other and rub against each other all the time. i guess just to show affection :)

the black moor that was once the one being pushed pushes the others too and he is half their size hehehe

i do feed my gf flake food but i always soak it in tank water in a glass for at least couple mimutes. when i add it to the tank it sinks instead of floating that means there is no more air in food which helped my black moor. that did the same as your gold fish. also i feed green peas 2 to 3 times a week and feed blood worms for a treat