Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
goldylove

black air tubing. win & fail :P

have been thinking how much i dislike the horrid clear air tubing i have (which goes white & nasty looking after a couple of weeks) & wondered if there was such a thing as black tubing. one ebay search later & lo & behold there is my black airline!! thinking i'd found something special i return to kokos & typed in a search, only to discover it had been mentioned here before... in 2005. i am soooo cutting edge! :rockon oh well, black tubing is on its way :D

HAHAHA! But still that's a great idea..the clear tubing drives me NUTS too and I never thought of searching for that. I think I will follow your lead :D

The black tubing is stealthy. I've heard good things about it, though I've never used it as I tend to just replace airline since its so cheap. There are a few Petsmarts in my area that stock it though, so anyone interested in it could check that out too.

I have it and liked it a lot. I took my airstone out because one of my fish was afraid of it lol

That is what i have in my tank. My problem is that i have clear suction cups that turn white lol

Edited by ashlee18

I use the black tubing and it looks really nice! I got it at petsmart. I have the same problem as Ashlee, the clear suction cups turn white/green with algae.

Edited by sarajo

Thats all that is in my tank :teehee

they make black suction cups to go with the black tubing. they work out kinda pricey for what they are at around $1.50 each to import :blink: but i've never seen them available in stores here in australia

http://www.ebay.com....984.m1497.l2649

the same seller i bought my tubing from also has them. i mistakenly bought mine from a different seller, altho slightly cheaper in price i lost my shipping discount! :oops:

Edited by goldylove

My black tubing turns white with biofilm constantly :( drives me crazy!

i was hoping that wouldnt happen to the black one! wishful thinking i guess

Edited by goldylove

Clear rigid tubing is awesome though. Unlike regular tubing I have never had biofilm develop on rigid tubing. Of course you will still need pieces of normal tubing for flexible areas, but I can live with that :D

i can see how rigid tubing would be beneficial, i hate how mine keeps popping out of the gravel as i try to bury it! again, rigid tubing is something i'm yet to come across. will be installing a bubble wall once my black tubing arrives so we'll see how that works out. i have seen the rigid bubble wall that comes with suction caps. that looks like it would work well too...

I also have the black tubing and am waiting for the new pet s mart to open near me this weekend :) :) :) to pick up some more ;) I also found black suction cups at my pet supplies plus but they are a bit pricey I think around $5 for 3 :( but well worth it ;)

Clear rigid tubing is awesome though. Unlike regular tubing I have never had biofilm develop on rigid tubing. Of course you will still need pieces of normal tubing for flexible areas, but I can live with that :D

interesting, I may need to try some. The biofilm drives me absolutely insane!

I love the black silicone. It doesn't kink like the old-school clear tubing will. It also looks fab for those of us with black background tanks. :)

Love the stealthy black tubing!! As I looked over I just noticed I have one white piece of tubing still in there...gotta go see if I have more black!!!!

All done. AND I ordered the black suction cups (only 2 packs left and I got 'em!!)