Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sarajo

Anyone in Southern California...

Hey everyone, I feel pretty bad about writing this thread but I am making the decision to get rid of my 29 gallon and also my two little fish.

I only want one tank, it's all i really have room for as the house is pretty crowded as it is. As you all know also, goldfish get very big and I know that the 29 gallon will not be a proper tank size for them in the long run. I don't have room to upgrade. I have my desired set up right now, which is my 40 gallon breeder and my lovely orandas which I'm sure you all have seen. I'm wanting to put all my fish energy into this tank and these fish and I feel like the 29 gallon is being neglected. That also goes with working two jobs and being a full time student, there's not enough time :( I should have really thought about this when I bought more fish and a second tank, but I didn't. Of course I'm not going to hand them off to just anyone, which is why I am asking you guys on Kokos first.

I am in San Diego county but I would be willing to drive or meet half way if you are further. I need to find a home for Scott who is an orange oranda, he isn't very big but he is growing very fast and very well. And Zelda, she is a red capped fantail. I'm starting to think she is a ribbon tail.

I also need to find a home for my 29 gallon tank. It's practically brand new. I'd like to sell it, but I would be willing to hand off everything for free to someone on Kokos if it means they are going to a good home (or perhaps a nice big pond? :D)

Zelda:

010.jpg

Scott:

012-3.jpg

Tank:

078.jpg

Let me know if any of you are interested :)

Bummer. I wish I had the time and lived in that area.

Hopefully you find them a good home. And good for you for looking out for what's best for them (and you) - it takes heart to do whats right :)

I understand about being overwhelmed with too many tanks. But as far as the tank size I thought 29 gal was ok for just 2 fancies?

I understand about being overwhelmed with too many tanks. But as far as the tank size I thought 29 gal was ok for just 2 fancies?

29 gallons is fine for now, but once the fish grow to their adult size I believe that they will need more space. This is only my personal opinion :) They are both very tiny now so 29 gallons is a perfect tank size for them.

Good luck, Sara Jo! :)

Hey, give it to my family so they can bring it up when they visit :rofl If I still lived down there I would take it!

I totally understand your decision :) we have to do what we have to do!! (I am actually considering the same action but have decided to hold off for now, my reasons are medical though) ;)

I hope you find the right home for tank and fish :) good luck :)

Thanks everyone, I'm in no rush at all. I just want them to go to a good home..it's just really hard to find someone who wants fish.

Hey, give it to my family so they can bring it up when they visit :rofl If I still lived down there I would take it!

Haha I know you would give them a great home!

I totally understand your decision :) we have to do what we have to do!! (I am actually considering the same action but have decided to hold off for now, my reasons are medical though) ;)

I hope you find the right home for tank and fish :) good luck :)

Thank you!

I bet I live within an hour (or less) of where your at because I'm in the North County of San Diego. Too bad I don't have room in my tank for one of your fish but I'm maxed out w/4 in a 55g. Your aquarium is beautiful and your fish are adorable. Unfortunatly I'm not looking for another tank to take care of. We have enough pets here and not needing more.

My daughter does have a friend that has a 10g set up w/ a couple of guppies/neons I believe. If she (and parents) is interested would you be willing to give the tank and fish to her? Or, you can give me a dollar amount and I can let her know. The girl is 14 and I'm friends w/her parents. Her dad actually came over my place a few times within the past couple of months helping me out when I kept upgrading my tank. They are extremely nice people and have a couple of small dogs also.

Anyway, You can let me know. I'll ck back here later. Hang in there. If not my daughter's friend....you'll find someone.

Cheryl

I bet I live within an hour (or less) of where your at because I'm in the North County of San Diego. Too bad I don't have room in my tank for one of your fish but I'm maxed out w/4 in a 55g. Your aquarium is beautiful and your fish are adorable. Unfortunatly I'm not looking for another tank to take care of. We have enough pets here and not needing more.

My daughter does have a friend that has a 10g set up w/ a couple of guppies/neons I believe. If she (and parents) is interested would you be willing to give the tank and fish to her? Or, you can give me a dollar amount and I can let her know. The girl is 14 and I'm friends w/her parents. Her dad actually came over my place a few times within the past couple of months helping me out when I kept upgrading my tank. They are extremely nice people and have a couple of small dogs also.

Anyway, You can let me know. I'll ck back here later. Hang in there. If not my daughter's friend....you'll find someone.

Cheryl

I would definitely be willing to give the fish and tank to her, provided they are taken care of which I am sure they would be :) The only thing I am not getting rid of is the filter which is an Aqua Clear 70, so they would need to purchase an adequate filter. However I am more than happy to send the cycled media along :)

I'll call the mom (my friend) late this afternoon then. (She's at work and I need to go) Don't want to get my daughter's friend excited if the parents say no. And of course if the parents say yes.....I will make sure the daughter want's your fish/tank also and that she'll take good care of it. I think she will though. Thank you so much. If you should get someone else wanting your fish prior to me getting back to you by all means, Do what you need to. It probably won't be until 5pm or a bit after.

I'll call the mom (my friend) late this afternoon then. (She's at work and I need to go) Don't want to get my daughter's friend excited if the parents say no. And of course if the parents say yes.....I will make sure the daughter want's your fish/tank also and that she'll take good care of it. I think she will though. Thank you so much. If you should get someone else wanting your fish prior to me getting back to you by all means, Do what you need to. It probably won't be until 5pm or a bit after.

Sounds good :) I will just wait for your response. Go ahead and send me a PM if she wants it and we can work everything out :)

I forgot to add I will also send my new container of New Life Spectrum with the tank if they decide they want it :) It's only been opened about a month and I rarely ever feed it to my fish.

Oh AND I forgot to add I am in North County as well...watch we're probably neighbors :P

That is so funny if we are neighbors. My girlfriend didn't pick up her phone when I called her so I left her a mess. on her voicemail. Her job can be demanding at times and can't always pick up her phone. If I don't hear from her by 8pm or so..............I think I might try calling her again. Your fish are so cute. If you look at some of my video's ....your fish look like mine. I too have an orange oranda. I think they look about the same size. I think mine has a bit more white on her back tail. We both have red capped oranda's too. Mine has a skinny body compared to my orange oranda. Too bad I don't have the room or time to take care of another tank. My energy is going toward the 55 g tank that we have and I LOVE it and the fish in it.

Anyway, I am so surprised that you didn't get a ton of emails here. I had that 29g tank (at Summer time) prior to the one we have now. It's a nice aquarium. I just traded mine in before the war. expired.

I guess I'll wait it out a couple more hours then call my friend again..... and also see if someone else snatched your tank/fish up.

I forgot to add I will also send my new container of New Life Spectrum with the tank if they decide they want it :) It's only been opened about a month and I rarely ever feed it to my fish.

That's generous. :carrot:

Take your time :) I am at school until 9pm tonight and am also going out of town for the weekend so there is no rush :) your fish sound adorable I would love to see pics and I bet they are loving that space!

My friend called and said she would love to have your aquarium with your two fish. Her daughter (my daughter's friend) is going to be so excited. She's not home yet either but the mom told me that the daughter has been wanting another tank/more fish. I am so excited for you to find a home for your fish seeing you made the decision to find them another home. I didn't even think of this until now but does a stand come w/the tank?

We both live in Fallbrook. That would be great if you lived here also or at least Escondido, Vista, or close surrounding area. I don't PM. My cell is extremely basic that I use for ER only for when needed for my daughter. I can give you my email address and we can exchange #'s. My fish video's and pictures are on my profile here. I just made a current video yesterday (I believe) Anyway, I'll ck back here or you can email me at enjoyssummer@gmail.com

Thanks again,

Cheryl

This is fantastic! I am in vista so not too far. The tank unfortunately doesn't have a stand. I have it on a bookshelf. There are inexpensive stands at petco though. I will email you when I'm home and we can sort everything out :D

That is wonderful. I don't know Vista to well but I do have a sister that works over by the Court House. I'll let my friend know that it doesn't come with a stand. I agree Petco has stands for great prices. When we had that 29g tank we bought a wrought iron stand for like $50.00. It was a nice sturdy black stand. I'll let my girlfriend know this.

I gave you all my info. and my friends info. on your phone and your email address. I'm excited for all of you. Feel free to call her anytime or myself. Whatever makes you most comfortable.

I did put in more info. in your email acct. (thought I'd write here just in case you see this first.)

Thank you so much,

Cheryl