Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
koko

Pet Store Reviews... Pet store Locator

Town & State: San antonio, Texas

Name of Store: Alamo Aquatic Pets

Adress: 6504 Bandera Rd #1

Phone number: 1(210) 732-8282

Review: Very large fish (salt and freshwater) and reptile selection. The tanks are a bit dirty sometimes but nothing major.

The staff are usually very knowledgeable and helpful. They also have tanks for sell and they will special order fish for you.

:)

Town & State Independence, Ohio

Name of Store:William Tricker Inc.

Adress:7125 Tanglewood Drive

Phone number: 1800.524.3492

Review: This store is the Originator of the WaterGarden and Goldfish hobby. Its has been around since 1892 and is a National Landmark! the first PH test kit was invented here among several other early aquarium inventions and several or the first tropical lilies in existance that are still being grown today! check out there website...

www.williamtrickerwatergardens.com

Here's one giasers pets in yuba city ,ca review awesome pet store they keep thier common goldfish in a large indoor pond and carry top brands and carry prazi pro and have experience with fresh keeping. They also have a amazing selection of goldfish

I was thinking, if people on here know of some LFS that aren't as well known, but still outstanding in their stock and knowledge of goldfish, maybe they can suggest them for the pet store locator?

My suggestion would be All For Fish, 223 2nd Ave. SW Albany, OR, 97321

The store is a short detour off the i-5 and has a basement dedicated to saltwater and freshwater fish.

I am suggesting them, because after purchasing most of my goldfish from them, they have always been wonderful and knowledgeable. They have some great goldfish shipments and all of the fish I have purchased have been healthy, happy, and treated for any ailments they may have gotten from shipment, such as ich on their pearlscales, which mine was in that tank but is completely cured and healthy (: After I left a review of their care on goldfish, expressing my distaste that their moores had not been treated for obvious parasites/illness that caused the tank to headstand, they really stepped up and I have not seen any problems since then. I have only seen beautiful fish from them, and I am happy to do business there. The owner is friendly and welcoming and the employees are always ready to help and fun to converse with.

They also carry Prazipro and Hikari pellets, which I have heard is rare for an LFS (:

Edited by LovelyChaos

Town & State (fully spelled PLEASE): Chico, California

Name of Store: Reef Connections

Adress: 1450 Mangrove Ave Ste 100

Phone number: (530) 892-8183

Review: They carry really nice goldfish but call ahead because they don't always carry all varieties.

Also wanted to note that when I checked the database Capitol Aquarium in Sacramento, CA was listed but they sadly closed a while back.

Town and State: Charlotte, North Carolina

Name of Store: Pet Supplies Plus (chain store)

Address: 7601 Pineville-Matthews Rd, NC 28226

Phone: 980 819-6163

Review: Overall nice pet store, very pleased with their fish section. Small live fish section, but considerably lightly stocked tanks for a chain store, very clean tanks, very healthy looking fish

Hi everyone!

If your in the New Mexico area, I have a great place for you:

USA

Clarks Pet Emporium

4914 Lomas Boulevard Northeast

Albuquerque, NM 87110

(505) 268-5877

Their website is: http://www.clarkspets.com/

The fellow who works in the fish department, Fish MIke, Is the best in the city in my opinion. He loves his fish, and knows how to take care of them. He takes good care of both salt and fresh water fishies! He's a super nice guy that I used to bug all of the time before I found Koko's :rofl !

Edited by anastasiam

I have two in Michigan.

Town & State (fully spelled PLEASE): Grand Rapids, Michigan
Name of Store: Blue Fish Aquarium
Adress: 2939 Wilson Avenue SW, Suite 109, Grandville MI
Phone number: (616) 667-2583

Review: This is a great lfs with a nice reptile section. The store just keeps expanding and getting better. The employees are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. They carry a nice variety of fish, but they usually are little light on goldfish. Still, they had nice lionheads recently, and I've seen celestials and bubble eyes. They will special order, and they carry only quality equipment and food. The fish are always QT'd, and I've never seen unhealthy fish there. They have a good plant selection too. There's nothing bad to say about it. I just wish they had more goldfish. :)

Town & State (fully spelled PLEASE): Lansing, Michigan
Name of Store: Preuss Pets
Adress: 1127 N. Cedar St., Lansing, MI 48906
Phone number: (517) 339-1762

Review: This is place is fantastic. We regularly drive an hour to go there because it's truly the most fabulous pet store I have ever been in. Not only is the fish section huge, they have large reptile, bird and guinea pig sections too. They do a lot of breeding so areas are especially nice. This place is like visiting a little zoo. A river runs through the store, and for $1 you can feed the koi. Most importantly, the animals are healthy, and the staff is excellent. And the goldfish selection is often large. One of the guys there told us that the store was a finalist for the Tanked cable show and that the store is the largest pet store in the Midwest. Check it out if you can!!

Hey, I guess I'll do one! For all of you in Northeastern Pennsylvania! (Probably no one except for me, but I'll do it anyway. :rofl)

Town & state: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania

Name of store: Finsanity Aquarium Store

Address: 18 Forrest Street, Wilkes-Barre PA 18702

Phone #: (570) 822-5049

REVIEW: Finsanity is a cute little shop nestled in a neighborhood in Wilkes-Barre. Upon entering, I was kindly greeted by the owner of the store named Phil, and his deaf wife, Bridget. At first glance you can see an array of fish supplies and tanks for sale, along with a huge 100+ gallon display tank with a 10 inch+ gourami and catfish. Tucked away in the corner of the store is of course the fish section! The freshwater fish section was nice, it mostly had cichlids, since that's a popular fish in the aquarium hobby. Other fish were oscars, tetras, angels, discus, puffers, bettas, and much more. It was surprising to see Discus, since they are diffucult to find locally. I also loved how he didn't load a tank with feeder fish, like most pet stores do. He instead had a small indoor pond with a few singletails about 4+ inches each. I love how he appreciated that they are POND fish and sold them as just that. :) The saltwater department was equally nice, a nice array of corals and anemones were available. Can't really tell you much about it since I don't know jack about saltwater. :rofl The clownfish were really cute, and instantly swarmed to the top when I hovered my fingers over the surface of their tank. Phil turned off the lights on the anemone tank and showed us how they "glowed" in the dark. It was really beautiful.

One other thing I love about his store is that all of his fish are LOCALLY bred. He doesn't purchase fish from large chain farms or questionable sources. I barely saw any dead or dying fish and the tanks looked well cared for. He also said that is there was something I wanted that wasn't in the store, he would gladly order it.

Overall, Finsanity is a wonderful little store for the aspiring freshwater\marine aquarist, and it's definitely worth checking out if you're around the area. The owner is very kind and personable and seems to know his stuff when it comes to fishkeeping.

town&state: San Diego, California

name of store: Pet Kingdom

adress:3191 sports arena boulevard

phone number:619-224-2841

review: this place is so cool, you can get lost in there for hours! They mainly specialize in reptiles and fish, but their goldfish selection is phenominal! All of the fish are healthy, and their fish tanks are well maintained. I have gotten all my fish but 3 from there, aside from fish they also have awesome used tanks for dirt cheap, its basicly dollar per gallon eveeyday. Thats where I got my hermit crab tank, a 10 gallon for 10 bucks. All the employees know their stuff, and are very expierenced. It is a great shop overall, and it is runned by a nice family. :)

Town & State: Forked River, New Jersey

Name of Store: Lacey Pet Supply

Address: 441 Lacey Rd.

Phone number: (609) 971-7037

Review: an amazing pet shop that is owned by ex sister in laws. I help out there a lot because I have so much fun. When you walk in, you can feel the positive energy! All of the animals are well taken care of and are socialized with :D!

Edited by Mikey

Town & State: Forked River, New Jersey

Name of Store: Lacey Pet Supply

Address: 441 Lacey Rd.

Phone number: (609) 971-7037

Review: an amazing pet shop that is owned by ex sister in laws. I help out there a lot because I have so much fun. When you walk in, you can feel the positive energy! All of the animals are well taken care of and are socialized with :D!

I want to go! If I lived in NJ, sounds like a neat place mikey :)

USA

Ludlow, Massachusetts

Fish Frenzy

246 East Street

(413)610-0700

This is one of my favorite stores, the guy is super nice. It's pretty small and kinda cluttered but he admits that it's an overgrown hobby and that's very noticeable. However, he stocks a lot of things you can't find anywhere else like fish food, breeding supplies, shipping stuff, tanks, and rarer fish. He has great plants although you'd need to quarantine the plants because he has a lot of pond snails. He has a great selection of freshwater fish but not really goldfish. He is my duckweed supplier and has a lot so he just scoops it out and plops it in a bag for you. He has great prices and you rarely see dead fish in the tanks, they are all active however the bettas, crayfish, and paradise fish are in bowls and some of them aren't in great shape. He is very knowledgeable though.

Town & State: Narragansett, RI/North Kingstown, RI (two store locations)

Name of Store: Critter Hut

Address:

Narragansett Location

91 Point Judith Road

Narragansett RI 02882

Phone: 401-789-9444

North Kingstown Location

6637 Post Road

North Kingstown, RI 02852

Phone: 401-886-9494

Wonderful family owned stores. If you're looking for specifically goldfish, I would certainly suggest the North Kingstown store. They have a large selection of excellent, healthy goldfish ranging from 1 inch little fellas to goldies the size of your entire hand and larger.

Very helpful staff will answer any of your questions at either store and give suggestions.

The Narragansett store is larger but with a small selection of fish related items and not so great (and sometimes down right sad looking) goldfish. However, if you're looking for other fish, pet food, etc. give them a shot. They have tons of dog toys and gooooorgeous bettas, too!

If you're looking for plants, call ahead. Their shipments of plants disappear as fast as they appear!

My Ryukin and Comet (a "feeder", no less!) are from the Narragansett store and my Wakin is (newly) from the NK store. :)

Here's a video of the North Kingstown store goldies on the day I purchased my Wakin. The sad looking orange single tail in the video is actually a blind goldfish who seemed to be older than all of the others but didn't seem to be bothered by the fish with it.

Edited by Chai

I'm sorry for making another but I forgot to put this one in. It has changed names lately so it might be under either of these on a GPS.

USA

Springfield, Massachusetts

School Of Fish (James Tropical Fish)

1865 Page Blvd

(413) 543-1994

The staff are pretty knowledgeable and they have an okay goldfish selection. They have a great selection of cichlids and other fresh/saltwater fish. They have a lot of "feeder" fish sadly. The danios and guppies are good for community tanks and I guess you could feed the ghost shrimp to goldies but they make good cleanup crews. The crayfish not so much and most fish like the live blackworms :) They have a great pond area and decent food selections, great frozen stuff. Great tanks, gravel, and decorations.

So I'm going to Destin, FL, USA this summer.  Every time I travel, I like to look up to see if there are any cool fish stores in the area (preferably with a good goldfish selection).  Anyone know of any places?  Google isn't helping me out too much :)