tithra

Weight and size of your fish?

197 posts in this topic

She's really mad at me now lol

7.25 inches from head to base of peduncle

WOW thats a very dence fish... Charlie is bigger but not as much Meat on the bones, if you know what I mean :teehee

WOW thats a very dence fish... Charlie is bigger but not as much Meat on the bones, if you know what I mean :teehee

Charlie is 7.25" from tip of nose to base of tail? I knew he is big, but didn't know he is THAT big! :yikes

She is massive & VERY strong! I won't be making any more attempts to weigh her for a long time lol

Btw, everyone says kitchen scale, but that is limiting. I use a postal scale, which works just as well, and they are cheap and readily available. :)

I don't have a scale yet, but here are my measurements:

Sammi: 3 inches comet (female). I can't be positive, but I think she is about 1.5 years old.

Batman: 2.75 inch black moor (male). Also can't be positive, but I think he is almost 2.

Edi: 1.5 inch calico fantail (female). Can't be sure, but I believe she hasn't even hit the 1-year-mark yet.

Sully: 2.5 inch ranchu (male). He is approximately 2.

I also have a 3.2 inch ribbontail (male) on the way from RG. He is 18 months old according to Steve.

Charlie is 7.25" from tip of nose to base of tail? I knew he is big, but didn't know he is THAT big! :yikes

Opps sorry hun... that was Pharoh :o

How old was/is Pharoh?

How old was/is Pharoh?

Pharoh was 9 years old when he passed :(

phfi2.jpg

Oh ok, now I feel less crazy! He sure was a gorgeous fish!

phfi2.jpg

EEEK! May I ask how he died? Was it just age?

Lisa is now 8½ so I get worried a lot about age related death.

phfi2.jpg

EEEK! May I ask how he died? Was it just age?

Lisa is now 8½ so I get worried a lot about age related death.

He got a massive gill infection after I had a hollow log in the tank, that killed 2 other fish about a week before he passed.... I didnt see that his gills where really bad till it was to late. If I treated him he would have died, so I let him pass with Honor.. :cry

Aww :(

Lisa is my oldest fish, so I don't know how long they can live for (other than those rare hardcore fishkeepers with their goldies); I always worry about her when she's fine lol

Edited by KrazE

Aww :(

Lisa is my oldest fish, so I don't know how long they can live for (other than those rare hardcore fishkeepers with their goldies); I always worry about her when she's fine lol

She could easily live for atleast about 5 years hun :)

When that does happen, it will be completely heartbreaking :(

She was my only survivor out of the 5 I had back on 2005 when my ex decided to put dish soap in my fish tank as a way to get back at me for refusing to forgive his infedelity and having him move out; so she's quite important to me.

Sophie is 35 grams and 2 1/4 inches body length.

Felix is 30 grams and 2 1/4 inches body length.

(both are butterfly telescopes)

I made a brave attempt at trying this today :goldfish:

I started with Lisa (fantail) who came in at 365 grams, but that's as far as we got cause she made a MESS with one flick of her massive fins; back to the tank she went lol

The mess was big enough that I had to forego weighing anyone else LOL

wow a fantail named lisa , wow ff1 is becoming popular :lol and holey progold that's a massive fish

She was my only survivor out of the 5 I had back on 2005 when my ex decided to put dish soap in my fish tank as a way to get back at me for refusing to forgive his infedelity and having him move out; so she's quite important to me.

What a horrible thing hun.... :(

Well treat your little one (:teehee big one) with lots of love and watch everyday... I got to busy and didnt pay attention to Pharoh for a week or two before that happened... Now I watch my fish like a Hawk :thumb:

I don't have a scale yet, but here are my measurements:

Sammi: 3 inches comet (female). I can't be positive, but I think she is about 1.5 years old.

Batman: 2.75 inch black moor (male). Also can't be positive, but I think he is almost 2.

Edi: 1.5 inch calico fantail (female). Can't be sure, but I believe she hasn't even hit the 1-year-mark yet.

Sully: 2.5 inch ranchu (male). He is approximately 2.

I also have a 3.2 inch ribbontail (male) on the way from RG. He is 18 months old according to Steve.

Correction: My ribbontail was 3.2 inches in September, when he was listed on the site. He is currently 4.25 inches. :yikes

What a despicable thing to do! That's horrible, after everything he put you through he does this! Goodness! :mad::no:

Tithra, have you been able to come up with averages yet? The results are very interesting.

Koko, I was looking back -- Was Myng really just 2.5 inches? He sure seems like he had to be bigger than that. My skinny ranchu is 3-1/4 and weighed just 45 grams. My other bigger two still didn't come close to Myng's weight.

Fantailfan, you commented about your fish being small. Are they very young?

Tithra, have you been able to come up with averages yet? The results are very interesting.

Koko, I was looking back -- Was Myng really just 2.5 inches? He sure seems like he had to be bigger than that. My skinny ranchu is 3-1/4 and weighed just 45 grams. My other bigger two still didn't come close to Myng's weight.

Fantailfan, you commented about your fish being small. Are they very young?

Thats what TD measured with out his tail :(

They are very hard to measure. :idont

20121216_233146_zps0ac3e137.jpg

bought my scale today! and the results are...

Roosevelt - 81g

Kai-28g

Cider-14g

Sharkie-12g

Ushi-9g

Orange Peel-3g

I was surprised Orange Peel was SO small, I tared the scale and re-weighed her to double check. Especially considering she was SO skinny when I got her, and has fattened up a lot!

Update on Googs... 31g!! i forgot to measure his length but I don't think he's any longer, just a bit fatter :)

Alright I got the data on my single tails, going from smallest to biggest. All of them are long tailed single tails (comets and shubunkins)

Tilty 2.75" body, 5.75" total, 17g

Finny 3.25" total (no tail) 24g

Kimahri 4" body, 7.5" total, 34g

Hugo 5" body, 10.5" total, 79g

I really find this result very interesting as it shows that body length does not equal weight, and how big of a role the body height and depth play too.

Looking at how Hugo only 1.8x Tilty's body length, but 4.6x Tilty's weight.

We continue:

Banana, Lionhead, 3" body, 4" total, 43g (more than TWICE the body weight of a similarly long single tail!!)

Bullet, Ranchu, 2" body, 2.75" total, 22g