tithra

Weight and size of your fish?

197 posts in this topic

This is the sort of geeky thing I would do :) I think it's a great idea.

Googles is just slightly over 2 inches and weighs a cute 23g

I couldn't edit this so I have quoted myself instead! This measurement is excluding tail and he's a telescope. Do you need a pic as well next to my hand?

This is the sort of geeky thing I would do I think it's a great idea.

Googles is just slightly over 2 inches and weighs a cute 23g

I couldn't edit this so I have quoted myself instead! This measurement is excluding tail and he's a telescope. Do you need a pic as well next to my hand?

Only if you like :) thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Sakura!

I did it properly :D Meaning I covered a table with water... So many splashes :/ They are a lot lighter than I first thought they were, since they all pretty much nearly look the same so around 40 grams.

Ok So for weight and length

Mr Bigglesworth 36 grams 4.2 inches

Momo (he has lost 1 gram!) 34 grams 5 inches

Bubbles 46 grams 5.5 inches

Narny, I assume these lengths are including tail? Would you mind measuring head to peduncle (no tail) for me? (or estimate ;) )

Anyone else have stats for me? :D I know there's more of you with scales out there, my spreadsheet is still pretty thin :)

Butterfly Tele: 36 grams, 2.25 inch body

Regular Moor: 36 grams, 2 inch body

Broadtail Moor: 28 grams, 2 inch body

Butterfly Tele: 36 grams, 2.25 inch body

Regular Moor: 36 grams, 2 inch body

Broadtail Moor: 28 grams, 2 inch body

;) gracias!

Thank you Sakura!

I did it properly :D Meaning I covered a table with water... So many splashes :/ They are a lot lighter than I first thought they were, since they all pretty much nearly look the same so around 40 grams.

Ok So for weight and length

Mr Bigglesworth 36 grams 4.2 inches

Momo (he has lost 1 gram!) 34 grams 5 inches

Bubbles 46 grams 5.5 inches

Narny, I assume these lengths are including tail? Would you mind measuring head to peduncle (no tail) for me? (or estimate ;) )

Anyone else have stats for me? :D I know there's more of you with scales out there, my spreadsheet is still pretty thin :)

Momo without tail is : 3.3inch

Mr Bigglesworth is: 2.5 inches

Bubbles is: 3.5 inches

:D

I don't know if it is just wishful thinking but Googles seems a tiny tiny bit bigger today!

I am going to weigh him later and take a more accurate length measurement. Is cm ok? I don't really understand inches.

Also I'll take a pic with him on my hand :)

I'm excited with the possibility he may be 1g heavier :P

cm is fine black :)

It would be really cool if you followed the growth trend of these fish based on their diet. More of a long term thing, but very, very cool to see.

I don't have a scale, but since I switched from flakes to Pro Gold, my big boys have each gained an inch, in a month. Granted, they're young, and are going to grow a lot in the first year. I just thought the change was remarkable.

I couldn't find a food scale when I went to the city! I have one at home that is a non-digital but I will try it and see if it is sensitive enough to weigh my tiny guy

Oh my goodness... is actually is 1g bigger!! :clapping:

5.5cm (without tail)

24g

Googs9.jpg

aw, googles is so cute :D

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

my spreadsheet is looking pretty thin! I know there's more of you with scales out there :P

Flo is two inches, and Casper the tele is almost three inches I have yet to way them

5.5cm (without tail)

24g

Googs9.jpg

Black, This is one beautiful Goldie!

I don't have scales but I am fascinated by the thread :)

Also too new to this world and still wary of holding my babies :) When I am ready and get some scales I will post my stats up. :)

Oh my goodness... is actually is 1g bigger!!

5.5cm (without tail)

24g

Googs9.jpg

I don't have scales but I am fascinated by the thread

Also too new to this world and still wary of holding my babies When I am ready and get some scales I will post my stats up.

Great :) a kitchen scale is all you need. It's handy to be able to weigh them for tracking growth and for figuring out medication dosage if you ever have to :)

I've just started the no net with goldfish and I was wary but it now I handle them and never use a net

5.5cm (without tail)

24g

Googs9.jpg

I don't have scales but I am fascinated by the thread :)

Also too new to this world and still wary of holding my babies :) When I am ready and get some scales I will post my stats up. :)

Thank you Shona! Looking forward to hearing about your fishies when you get scales etc :)

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

my spreadsheet is looking pretty thin! I know there's more of you with scales out there :P

I really need to get a battery for my scale. If I don't forget today when I go out, I will get one and weigh the rest of my fish for you. This gives you nice mixed data about fancies and single tails :)

I have to disappoint. I bought a new battery but the scale is beat. Without putting anything on it, it runs the numbers up and down from anywhere between -50 grams to almost 400grams. The numbers are constantly moving, I assume the spring or whatever type of sensor they use in this scale, is broken :(

Sorry :(

I finally remembered to measure and weigh my fish and I think I have the smallest fish of anyone on the forum!!

Swimmie is a fantail and she is 1 7/8 inches long and weighs 10 grams.

Fluffy was sold as a ryukin but is shaped more like a fantail. She is 1 3/4 inches and weighs 10 grams also.

Bob is a ryukin and is 2 inches long and weighs 16 grams!

I need to fatten these fish up! I will mark on my calendar to re-weigh in a month and see if they fatten up at all. What % of body weight should we be feeding them? I wonder if I'm underfeeding? :dunno

I finally remembered to measure and weigh my fish and I think I have the smallest fish of anyone on the forum!!

Swimmie is a fantail and she is 1 7/8 inches long and weighs 10 grams.

Fluffy was sold as a ryukin but is shaped more like a fantail. She is 1 3/4 inches and weighs 10 grams also.

Bob is a ryukin and is 2 inches long and weighs 16 grams!

I need to fatten these fish up! I will mark on my calendar to re-weigh in a month and see if they fatten up at all. What % of body weight should we be feeding them? I wonder if I'm underfeeding? :dunno

If you want to fatten them up, feed 1-2% of their body weight in dry pellets (soak before feeding though ) or 3-4% in gel food. I never take the veggies and frozen food into consideration but only go by their staple food :)

Meaning veggies and frozen foods are in addition to whatever else they get.

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

I've been feeding soilent green so I would do 3-4% per day or per feeding? I feed 2 or 3 times per day and fast one day a week.

Time to get our chubby on. :)