Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sakura

My Halloween Aquarium!

Wow! That's a beautiful tank! I'd love to decorate my tank that way, but I have too much oddly colored gravel lol...

Your fish are gorgeous!

eee! Oh my god. I saw the sneak peak for this on youtube and i have been so excited to see! this is awesome!

That is a great idea with awesome execution. And I love the photos, as always. :heart

Sakura, this is fantastic!! Seeing my 2 favourite things combined- fishies and Halloween- made me smile :)

It's inspired me to do something for Googles tank :idea

Maybe we should have a Halloween tank competition! :clapping:

Thanks you guys! :)

Sakura, this is fantastic!! Seeing my 2 favourite things combined- fishies and Halloween- made me smile :)

Google would look awesome in a Halloween themed tank because he's orange and black! Perfect! A competition would be very fun, I hope more people do decorate their tanks for Halloween and post pictures.

I LOVE the Tank :) I showed the first one to my Mom while visiting in Florida and she was way impressed ;)

I LOVE the Tank :) I showed the first one to my Mom while visiting in Florida and she was way impressed ;)

Thanks Shelly! :D

Picked up the orange and black marbles a few days ago (they were 50% off when I went, so I got colors for other holidays too :carrot: , my poor husband!). Then I went into petsmart, and picked up a small Peanuts pumpkin aquarium ornament. I'd had my eye on it for a while, but never got around to it. When my son came home and said the word "pumpkin", I had to get it for him. He's six, and has a genetic condition that makes speech very difficult, so every new word is a BIG DEAL. :heart. When he came home from school, and saw his fancy tank, he was SO excited. What a surprise for the little man! :D

Thank you for the inspiration! You're idea has helped make a little boy very happy. :wub:

Off topic, but I also loved your illustrated nitrogen cycle vid. Very kid friendly. :clapping:

Thanks you guys! :)

Google would look awesome in a Halloween themed tank because he's orange and black! Perfect! A competition would be very fun, I hope more people do decorate their tanks for Halloween and post pictures.

Hehe, I didn't even realise that! Maybe I should dress up as Googles for the Halloween party I'm going to. His massive eyes have the potential to be pretty scary :P Would be a very hard costume to make though. I'll post a pic of my spooky tank as well if I ever get round to doing it :)

Picked up the orange and black marbles a few days ago (they were 50% off when I went, so I got colors for other holidays too :carrot: , my poor husband!). Then I went into petsmart, and picked up a small Peanuts pumpkin aquarium ornament. I'd had my eye on it for a while, but never got around to it. When my son came home and said the word "pumpkin", I had to get it for him. He's six, and has a genetic condition that makes speech very difficult, so every new word is a BIG DEAL. :heart. When he came home from school, and saw his fancy tank, he was SO excited. What a surprise for the little man! :D

Thank you for the inspiration! You're idea has helped make a little boy very happy. :wub:

Off topic, but I also loved your illustrated nitrogen cycle vid. Very kid friendly. :clapping:

Yafashelli, this is such a lovely story to share with us. I'm glad it made him so happy :) Can we see a pic of your new fancy tank?

Yafashelli, this is such a lovely story to share with us. I'm glad it made him so happy :) Can we see a pic of your new fancy tank?

I'll be happy to post a picture, if it's okay w/ Sakura. Only problem is, I need the weather, my camera, AND the fish to cooperate at the same time. :D

That's awesome, yafashelli! Yes, you should definitely post pictures, I'd love to see! You could even make your own thread about it too, that way more people will see it. :D

That's awesome, yafashelli! Yes, you should definitely post pictures, I'd love to see! You could even make your own thread about it too, that way more people will see it. :D

:) It's nothing so fancy, but it's cute. Here you go.

100_4205.jpg

I wish I could cutesy things on the outside of the tank glass, but my son has a tendency to feed the fish whatever he has at hand. Just ask the last two wii motes, my pony tail holders, a cell phone, a batman mask, and an elmo bowl. Lol! Maybe next year!

Nice, I love it! Yeah you definitely don't want your fish eating fake spider web or anything like that, lol!

Thank you!

I was a little disappointed in Snoopy though. The ornament is little enough that I thought he'd be totally solid, like my other small statuettes. He's hollow though, so I shoved an small airstone inside. The location of the holes on the top makes him look like he's gassy. I laugh every time I look at it. It appeals to my inner 12 year old boy.

100_4170.jpg

Edited by yafashelli

Where did you find the aquarium safe skull? I can't find anything safe for the aquarium where I live :(

Where did you find the aquarium safe skull? I can't find anything safe for the aquarium where I live :(

I saw the same one that is in her video, in petco.

sweet thank you :)

Yep, it's from Petco! I actually would not recommend it though... I've only had it in the tank for two weeks, and the paint is already peeling off in several spots!

I saw a different one for sale online through Big Al's, maybe that one would hold up better.

Yep, it's from Petco! I actually would not recommend it though... I've only had it in the tank for two weeks, and the paint is already peeling off in several spots!

I saw a different one for sale online through Big Al's, maybe that one would hold up better.

:( That's a shame! Maybe after Halloween, you could seal it with something fish safe?

:( That's a shame! Maybe after Halloween, you could seal it with something fish safe?

Yeah! This is an old thread, but this is how I would fix it I think. http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/72159-cheap-commercial-tank-decor/page__hl__paint