Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ms.Jenny

Pond Finally Finished! :)

Hello everyone! :)

I finally got the time to finish my pond this weekend, and I'm so happy with the results! My uncle is a very gifted contractor and offered to help me build a redwood frame around my 100 gallon rubbermaid stock tank. We insulated the inside with foam insulation wrapped in plastic and all that's left is sealing the wood next weekend. My two Wakin and plants all look very happy with the results as well! :)

Also, my Water Lettuce is from Ashley here on the forums. It took a few weeks to perk up after shipping but it's doing wonderful now! Thank you again Ashley. :heart

Here's a picture of the whole pond, I still need to feed the power cable under the frame to hide it better.

Pond.jpg

Here's a picture of my Water Lettuce and my two Wakin. Pumpkin is closest to the front and Pepper is right behind her.

Pond2.jpg

And finally, a picture of my Water Hyacinth and my cute Tortoise statue my mom bought me since I really want a real one! :teehee

Pond3.jpg

Building this pond has been so fun and rewarding, and not nearly as expensive as you would think. I really think anyone who loves having goldfish in an aquarium will LOVE having a pond. It's so natural and easy to care for, and not hard to setup at all. I'm definitely an addict and will have a pond for the rest of my life, it's by far my favorite part of the yard now. :)

Thank you for looking!

Wow that is gorgeous, I've been reading and lurking on ponds, but I'm afraid it will be too much maintenance and then, what do you do over winter? I love it, you did a great job :)

Wow that is gorgeous, I've been reading and lurking on ponds, but I'm afraid it will be too much maintenance and then, what do you do over winter? I love it, you did a great job :)

Thank you! Regarding maintenance, my pond is a fraction of the work compared to my aquarium. All I do is feed my fish once a day, and use about 2 gallons of water each day to water my plants which I replace with fresh water. Once a month I change out about 15-20 gallons of water, rinse the filter media, and use a net to grab any plant debris/leaves/etc from the bottom. It's so easy! Plus, where I live my fish can stay in the pond all year. :) You should build one! They're so fun!!

Niiiice! Beautifuly done! Congratulations and lots of peaceful enjonment

(and, by gods, show me (okok - us) some better pictures of Pepper and Pumpkin - they look so colourful, but oh so blurry ... I know you probably have shown them here numerous times,but still :)

Hey that pond looks great!

Your Uncle sure made made some nice cuts. Those angles are perfect!

As far as Winter goes, it depends how cold it gets. You can put in a heater, bring the fish in, or dig it deep enough that it will not freeze solid. Some types of goldfish can survive under the ice as long as there is a small hole in it for gases to escape.

Niiiice! Beautifuly done! Congratulations and lots of peaceful enjonment

(and, by gods, show me (okok - us) some better pictures of Pepper and Pumpkin - they look so colourful, but oh so blurry ... I know you probably have shown them here numerous times,but still :)

LOL, here are pictures from RainGarden, I can't for the life of me get any good ones myself!

Here's Mr.Pepper.

8321c.jpg

8321a.jpg

8321e.jpg

And here's Ms.Pumpkin.

7562c.jpg

7562b.jpg

7562e.jpg

And thank you everyone for your kind words!! :heart

Beautiful pond! Your fish are also quite adorable. Thanks so much for sharing.

thanks for the pictures :) ... mmm - a perfect pondfish! beautiful! (wish i could get something like that here...)

feed them well!

Beautiful pond! Your fish are also quite adorable. Thanks so much for sharing.

Very pretty pond! Great job on building it :)

thanks for the pictures :) ... mmm - a perfect pondfish! beautiful! (wish i could get something like that here...)

feed them well!

Thank you all!! I love my pond babies :heart

That is a very nice looking pond! And what a nice choice of fish! :D

Jenny, your pond is gorgeous, and so are the fish! :)

Now you must invest in an underwater camera :rofl

Actually, there was a member from a couple of years past who took underwater videos of his koi and goldfish. It was amazing :D

looks great!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for showing a picture of a stock tank with a surround. I have tried so hard to explain how to make one and haven't been able to find decent pictures. That is beautifully done.

That is a very nice looking pond! And what a nice choice of fish! :D

Thank you Fang!! :)

Jenny, your pond is gorgeous, and so are the fish! :)

Now you must invest in an underwater camera :rofl

Actually, there was a member from a couple of years past who took underwater videos of his koi and goldfish. It was amazing :D

My boyfriend actually has an underwater camera!! I've thought about making a video of both my tank and pond with it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm going to have to put it on my to do list for you!! :)

That is awesome looking great job

Thank you!! Your pond is amazing as well. :)

looks great!

Thank you Tithra!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for showing a picture of a stock tank with a surround. I have tried so hard to explain how to make one and haven't been able to find decent pictures. That is beautifully done.

Thank you for all of your amazing pond posts Shakaho! I honestly would not even have a pond if it wasn't for your advice and detailed descriptions. If you ever need better pictures or a description of how it was built don't hesitate to let me know. :)

They are adorable.

Thank you! So far, everyone who comes over has fallen for their hungry little faces. I have multiple friends wanting to build ponds now, even the ones who thought I was nuts for wanting to build one in the first place! lol :)

Edited by Ms.Jenny

Your pond and fish are BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely love the redwood frame your uncle built!

And when I saw the tortoise statue, I thought it was real at first! haha! :P

Your pond and fish are BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely love the redwood frame your uncle built!

And when I saw the tortoise statue, I thought it was real at first! haha! :P

Thank you! The frame turned out even better than I imagined, my Uncle is an artist and so gifted when it comes to framing and woodworking. He suffered a stroke last year and hasn't worked on many projects since then, so I'm going to email him with everyone's great comments to let him know I'm not the only one who was impressed with his work. :)

I like it a lot! I will have to come by and see it sometime. Cute Wakin too :)

Thank you! That would be great, I always love to show off my fish babies.. I'm so convinced they love the attention also. :teehee

I hope your Ranchu keeps improving, I'm following your thread and it's so great she's getting better. Your taking such great care of her! :)

Oh thanks for the support :) I look like a fish hoarder at the moment with my QT tanks set up in the kitchen lol. Did you see that I have my aunts black moore (with no eyes)? It is the cousin to both of ours.

LOL I didn't see that! And I think we've all been there once, when I had my QT + my main tank + my pond+ my cloud mountain minnow tank+ my betta tank at work, I was feeling like I just MAYBE had a problem. :teehee How did you end up with the Moor? I sure hope losing eyes doesn't run in the family! :yikes

Edited by Ms.Jenny

No, it's not a family trait LOL, my Aunt accidentally siphoned it up and didn't realize it until it was too late. I have it at my place QTing, maybe staying if can solve my overstocking problems. You can see it on my "eye balls are gone" 911 post. It's doing good so far though. :)