Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GreenTea

Fish moved to 75 gallon

Hey all, just made the drive to move my actual fish. This new place is a basement unit so I can upgrade as much as possible which is awesome! This is a tank I got from craigslist along with lights, hood, biowheel, fluval canister and a million other things (literally three huge boxes I haven't even gone through) for $140 so I'm pretty stoked on that.

The tank has been running for a few days with no cycle bumps so I added the fish.

The marble and cast iron stand for this tank was given to me by the lady whose basement I moved into. How rad is that?

Downside... I totally tore my hammy moving a giant slab of marble. Anyone surprised?

Here are some pretty terrible quality videos of the tank but it shows how much more space they have. Right now it's 5 orandas and my ranchu but soon the ranchu will be moved to the 55 gallon. Hopefully will have some ranchu bros to pall around with in there eventually - and two ryukin in my 36. I'm going to keep the 75 stocked at 5 unless I find a large oranda that blows my mind.

Before in the 55 - see how they needed more room? lol The 75 is much wider, possibly a bit shorter and just as long. They seem really happy to have the space.

55gal.jpg

http://s7.photobucke...09-13at2219.mp4

http://s7.photobucke...09-13at2216.mp4

And yes, there's just one filter on it right now - apparently the smaller hob filters don't fit the back of the 75! Makes sense I guess. And my big heater died yesterday so this baby one is cranking out the heat until I can get back home tomorrow to get my other one.

Also... no idea how the fluval or biowheel filters work so... help? Yay upgrades!

:happydance

Edited by GreenTea

That's really nice! :Congrats: on the upgrade, and here's well wishing on the many future ones as well :rofl

Some smaller HOB filters have a small plastic knob that secures them to the tank which you can shave off with a knife... Worth a shot! Wonderful setup, your fish look huge!

Wonderful! They must be so happy with that room!

They ARE huge! And they keep on getting bigger. The yellow oranda is 8 inches now :clapping:

Thanks guys!

so lucky a deal like that in new zealand would cost more than 1000 dollars rip off aye

Great job on the upgrade!! :D

Omg what a great upgrade!!!!!! Congrats!!!!! :D

Awesome hun..... Look at them grow :painting::thumbup2:

Congratulations,. I love upgrades :)

I am sure they are really enjoying the space.

congrats on the new tank! I am way beyond jealous :P

Congrats on the upgrade :) I'm sure your fish are loving all the space :)