Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DieselPlower

Threw 50 Comets into the large pond my business cares for.

this pond is about 150x50x5' and is part of a property my business maintains. I just put 50 13 cent comets in it, with permission of course.

091212165348.jpg

091212164822.jpg

091212164740.jpg

091212165528.jpg

Pretty pond. Where are you in Michigan?

That pond is in Grand Rapids. I live near Kalamazoo.

So pretty! Most of those will probably end up being commons though. Either way the fish are pretty for being 'feeders'

Who is going to feed them?

They don't need feeding. That pond is a gourmet all-you-can-eat buffet.

I don't think that in a pond of this size they require any food. They probably find plenty of algae, insects, larvae, plant material and whatever else they want to gobble. I'd love to know how many gallons such a huge pond holds! :D

very cool :)

Lucky fishies!! :D

Within 5 years you'll have giant wild goldfishes in there. Then the pond will become mysterious. :)

now these are some lucky little fishes! but i have a hunch that they wont be little for long (i'd love to fastforward a couple of years and see what has become of them. though i would be veryvery tempted to throw a couple of ryukins in there for a good measure :)

This pond is for these 50 goldies the LAND OF FREEDOM.

They don't need any human interaction now. They are free as their wild Carassius Carassius ancestor.

They are soooooo lucky!

now these are some lucky little fishes! but i have a hunch that they wont be little for long (i'd love to fastforward a couple of years and see what has become of them. though i would be veryvery tempted to throw a couple of ryukins in there for a good measure :)

I will look into it. The building manager gave me permission to put some koi in there as well

hmmmmmmm ... a couple of kois? now THAT sounds like a plan! .. and then in a couple of years there will be some big goldfish. and some huuuge koi monsters swimming around .. could be more than great!

Such a pretty pond!

And hello from another Michigander! :)

Wow that one big pond I bet before long that fifty will definitely increase with that buffet of food and pond size :rofl

Edited by Gcourtney

Hey thanks for the comments everyone! There are also turtles and a ton of frogs in this pond. Hopefully they don't eat all the fish!

They just have to survive one winter and then they will proliferate, We have a lake near here where the fish eat the frogs :yikes No one fishes there cause the frogs make the fish taste funny.