Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lachfa

Can I Feed My Fish

I have a big can of box turtle feed from a turtle my daughter had this past summer - we let him go after my daughter got tired of caring for him. Can I feed my fish this? It contains: ground wheat, corn gluten meal, poultry by product meal, soybean meal, soy hulls, apple fiber, calcium carbonate, d-calcium phosphate, salt, vitamin C, choline chloride, dried mango, dried papaya, dried strawberry, vegetable oil, methionine, vitamin E supplement, spirulina, iron sulfate, potassium chloride, zinc sulfate, zinc oxide, manganous sulfate, manganese oxide, niacin, copper sulfate, D-calcium pantothenat.....and a lot more stuff. What do you think?

http://www.repcal.com/BxTurt.htm

Edited by Lachfa

I generally wouldn't feed anything that doesn't particularly say that its for goldies. I have turtles myself, and I never mix their food with the ones for the goldies. Those foods are made to meet the nutritious needs of those particular animals, and feeding it to goldies could cause them problems.

Can you exchange it in the store for some goldie food?

It has already been open. I just hate to pitch it. Thanks for the reply - thought it sounded like it might be good - strawberries and mangos!

If you are interested I could send it to you - it's 12 oz of food. PM me if you are interested.

Edited by Lachfa

Reptiles and Fish need different things - just like they are different. I would not feed those to your goldfish or any other type of fish because of this. Strawberries and Mangos do sound good - but I think the fish would prefer a nice juicy romaine letteuce leaf, don't you?