Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pearlscaleperfect

Wanted: Goldfish pictures!

I have actually seen a lot of photos from Kokos on tumblr.

I know hat one blog is run by someone who is ON Kokos who regularly posts photos from here.

I can even recognize the fish by name, but also follow the source back here if I need to.

Watermarking is a VERY good idea, Sakura.

May be you should start watermarking your photos as well, Helen.

Drowsy, we know which member is doing this.

Let's all have a watermarking party :krazy:

There's another blog, aside from the one Stakos just screencapped. But they don't do it nearly as often as that one seems to. :/

I DO come across other random ones here and there, but usually I tell them about it and they'll take the pictures down.

May be you should start watermarking your photos as well, Helen.

Drowsy, we know which member is doing this.

we watermark our professional photos that john takes. but i never thought that members here would show the disrespect of not asking. to be honest, i am very proud of my photos. i have a lot of pride taking them and sharing them with my friends here to enjoy. but that's it, i didn't give permission for every photoshoot i post here to go somewhere else. one or two photos, i can understand. or as psp has started this thread to allow members that want to offer their photos to do so.. but to just photopinch and SOOOOO many.. i think it's a bit brutal.

There's another blog, aside from the one Stakos just screencapped. But they don't do it nearly as often as that one seems to. :/

I DO come across other random ones here and there, but usually I tell them about it and they'll take the pictures down.

Here's funny thing. I think most, if not all members here, would be very happy if someone were to post pics of their fish on tumblr, or elsewhere. However, the right thing to do is to ask for permission.

PSP is doing the absolute right thing in asking for permission, and I applaud you in doing that! :)

I wish I'd find me "old news are so exciting" picture.

Now no offense to anyone, but it is not a new practice that people need to protect their pictures with watermarks etc so they do not get used somewhere else. That is just the problem as soon as you make them "public" by posting them somewhere, anyone can use them anywhere.

Of course this does not make it right, and the blog owner should have the decency to ask for permission and (or at least) credit the photo owner with more than just a link back to their site, but unfortunately this is what happens when you don't protect your property :(

I am not trying to get on anyone, I am just surprised that people are surprised over others using their pictures on the internet. People will steal anything on the internet. No matter if it is photos of a piece of art or "just a goldfish". :no:

EDIT: Like I personally do not care if my fish pictures are used somewhere else, as long as they are used in a nice way. Plus it's not like they are making money out of a picture of Vanille's fat bum.

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

I agree, it's so nice to see someone asking for permission to use photos rather than just taking them!

Sorry we have sidetracked your thread, psp. :oops:

You know, maybe not surprisingly, artists have a lot of trouble with art theft. I can't count how many times my own work, or works of people I follow, have been ripped by people claiming them as their own. Or outright traced.

so I don't know why it surprises me that something like this would happen. I guess I like to think people would be more respectful of pictures of peoples PETS.

I wish I'd find me "old news are so exciting" picture.

Now no offense to anyone, but it is not a new practice that people need to protect their pictures with watermarks etc so they do not get used somewhere else. That is just the problem as soon as you make them "public" by posting them somewhere, anyone can use them anywhere.

Of course this does not make it right, and the blog owner should have the decency to ask for permission and (or at least) credit the photo owner with more than just a link back to their site, but unfortunately this is what happens when you don't protect your property :(

I am not trying to get on anyone, I am just surprised that people are surprised over others using their pictures on the internet. People will steal anything on the internet. No matter if it is photos of a piece of art or "just a goldfish". :no:

EDIT: Like I personally do not care if my fish pictures are used somewhere else, as long as they are used in a nice way. Plus it's not like they are making money out of a picture of Vanille's fat bum.

We know this. It's just hard to believe when it actually happens! I've been meaning to start watermarking my photos for a while. Now I have real motivation to do so.

It okay to sidetrack the thread (just continue to contribute pictures ;)) I mean I just want to make a large reference blog that will genuinely help people, I'm not looking to steal anyone's thunder or deprive them of credit for their work. A lot of members here take amazing photos and also have amazing examples of many types of goldies! I've had my photos taken without permission before as well and I know that it is pretty insulting to think someone would do that when they could just ask nicely as many of you seem to be willing to share your pictures if properly credited. If you guys would like I can also add a light water mark to each picture you agree to allow me to use for the type guide. It would just be a typically copyright watermark, along with the proper sourcing. I am already more than happy to do this if you guys would feel more comfortable. I would hate for others to be wary of donating to topics like this for such reasons when there are people like myself who are more than willing to properly source and credit each photo I use (with the owners permission).

I actually think that's a great idea, PSP. c:

On tumblr when a blog gets popular it's not unusual for a photo to be taken off of it and reposted somewhere else without consent, instead of reblogged.

I don't understand WHY, but it is.

If you watermark it might discourage it from happening, or if it does happen people will know where it came from.

I was thinking something like

70065d4b.jpg

I can always make the copyright symbol lighter or darker, and as it is now it hard enough to edit out where I don't think most people would take the time (I just tried to do it and couldn't but I'm not that skilled so) I hope it was okay to show an example of Stakos photo? I can always take the photo down as it's just an example. :)

oooh! aaaahh! i like it :)

if you like, you can go a little softer so that it doesn't spoil the detail you're wanting to show.. thank you for being so considerate. it really means a lot :heart

70065d4b-1.jpg

This is as light as I feel comfortable going, it could be a bit darker maybe?Either way I just wanted to again thank you guys for being so generous and sharing your photos to help me make the best guide possible. I haven't had the opportunity to own such amazing specimens of goldies yet so you're all a very big help!

perfect :thumb:

Email(s) sent with my photos, psp!

Not that my pics are any where near as nice as sakuras or stakos or half of the pics on this website ;) but I would like to know how does one apply said watermark??

There are a few ways to make watermarks, the easiest is taking the text and making it partially transparent, and then putting in in a new layer overtop of the chose picture. But if you have a lot of things todo that can be tiresome, so you can also make a 'stamp' that is a watermark. Although I haven't made a proper one in a while, I can check the fineties once I'm on my laptop.

I am So Angry about this.. not you PSP hun :)

But the owner if this other blog with a stupid name that I cant even type here, is OUT of line... Completely out of line. Those photos are ours, not for other people to take with out permission..... I have some photos that are NOT! allowed by anyone to use. They are of special fish I have had in the past and I didnt even allow them to be published in a Book years ago.... Now I dont want to become nasty.

Take them down now!!!

I feel Violated :o

May I use the watermark I use on the desktop calendars? Then it well also advertise this site.

Fantail

TheGoldfish004-1.jpg

Edited by Hidr

I think that would be a good idea hun :)

If anyone wants it email me and Ill send it too you.