Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cyprinidae

Unusual Fish Photos Here!

Im Very VERY!! Upset that some one Took the Photos right off of this thread and post it on there Blog.... Im asking you NOW!! to take them down!!

Im Very VERY!! Upset that some one Took the Photos right off of this thread and post it on there Blog.... Im asking you NOW!! to take them down!!

i second this request! 90% of my photos posted here on koko's and all the pics of mine on this thread have been photopinched to someone's blog. i did not give permission either!.

Don't blogs usually have the owner/authors name of those who make posts? Why not try contacting the blog and asking them to remove the images? It's possible that the person pulled off the images from a google images search too.

I've seen a few of this sites goldies end up on google images; even pharaoh, Koko's departed choco oranda, will pop up first page when you search "Chocolate oranda".

In any case I hope you'll able to resolve the issue soon.

I was browsing through Deviantart, and spotted this.

goldfish_by_daikaiju_fanboy-d53vfl6.jpg

Apparently this fish is swimming in the Toledo Zoo aquarium. He's part of a pollution awareness tank, hence the toilet in the background.

Edited by Hzleys87

Don't blogs usually have the owner/authors name of those who make posts? Why not try contacting the blog and asking them to remove the images? It's possible that the person pulled off the images from a google images search too.

i contacted them yesterday. since my contact, they've removed their "ask" feature.. photos remain on the blog.

I've seen a few of this sites goldies end up on google images; even pharaoh, Koko's departed choco oranda, will pop up first page when you search "Chocolate oranda".

that may be so.. but my photobucket albums are private. i am a member on this goldfish forum only. whoever photopinched is amongst our community.. theiving my photos and reading this very post. what's more disturbing, is that they've denied my request and continued to disrespect me by not pulling my photos off their blog.

Seeing as this is hitting a few nerves among the members, is this being addressed in the form of a rule addition or possible consequences or warnings?

I'm sorry to hear that Helen, and considering that the blog in question is in English- there goes the other excuse that they may not be understanding the request.

I think bodoba's suggestion is a good one, it merits to be a rule here in the forum that we can't reproduce photos showcased here in other sites, unless given permission or if the owner of the photo does it themselves.

I know that there are websites that have a function where you can't right-click save any pictures posted. Maybe that's something that can be implemented here?

I'm sorry to hear that Helen, and considering that the blog in question is in English- there goes the other excuse that they may not be understanding the request.

I think bodoba's suggestion is a good one, it merits to be a rule here in the forum that we can't reproduce photos showcased here in other sites, unless given permission or if the owner of the photo does it themselves.

I know that there are websites that have a function where you can't right-click save any pictures posted. Maybe that's something that can be implemented here?

Even with a no right click fix you could simply print screen, paste into an image editor and crop the picture out. :\

Can't you report them to the web hoster for abusing their website by not respecting your wishes to have the photo removed? I think if enough members report them or threaten to they will have to abide. It's one thing to take a photo and not give credit but not taking it down is going too far.

There isn't a report function on Tumblr. You can file for copyright infringement but tthat's about it.

Found it!

http://tumblring.net...mblr-for-abuse/

You would have to send tumblr and email containing the message that abuses the terms of use and they should take care of it. Especially since this person has now refused to take the post down and didn't ask for permission.

And I apologize for being off topic, it just sucks to see this wonderful community being taken advantage of like this and having members have their works exploited.

Edit: Oops i just realize this isn't psp's thread XD

Edited by LovelyChaos

And what if at the bottom of the page there is a footer reminding users and viewers that photos posted on this site are the intellectual property of the original poster. Commercial use, distribution, and modifications of the works are prohibited unless otherwise agreed to by the individual who posted the photo.

That way even if they used the photo they cant claim that they are in the right because it is a public photo and they didnt see any disclaimer about using it? Some people are just idiots and assume they can use whatever they want on the internet.

Not to continue off topic, but how can you tell if someone has used one of your photos on their own site/blog/etc? I'm not tech savvy at all.

Well, if you find your picture (like on google search) and see that the picture is not on a website you posted or gave permission to then it was used against your will.

Has there been any resolution here? Has the member been banned or anything?

Has there been any resolution here? Has the member been banned or anything?

So far they are banned.

So far they are banned.

But there will be more actions to come, if they don't take the photos off their blogs.

Such a shame :(

Guest CrazyFishh

Hey guys I'm just starting this awesome forum. And i had reported her to tumblr staff but they only seem to understand how to take photo's down and not her whole blog. She did remove it for a time being (10 hours maybe) But she has seemed to have restarted it. I am keeping an eye on it. I feel so bad for everyone who has gotten there photo's stolen :'(

Hey guys I'm just starting this awesome forum. And i had reported her to tumblr staff but they only seem to understand how to take photo's down and not her whole blog. She did remove it for a time being (10 hours maybe) But she has seemed to have restarted it. I am keeping an eye on it. I feel so bad for everyone who has gotten there photo's stolen :'(

She deleted it and I quickly snatched up the url so she couldn't restart it. No worries! ;)

Hahaha omg genius....

Hahaha omg genius....

It's pretty common on tumblr to 'snipe' urls once they become available. I had reported the blog to tumblr and they notified me that it had been deleted so I took it. I don't really plan on using it but hey there's no crime against just keeping it.

Which blog are you guys talking about? It seems the f***yeahgoldfish one is still up, stolen photos and all.

There is still another with sakuras and stakos photos. It's f***yeah-goldfish