Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GoldfishLover!

Homemade filtering system

After reading all the filter DIY ideas, have finally decided to make one for my pond, using leftovers from other house projects. Here are the photos, enjoy.

Post07_01.jpg

Post07_02.jpg

Post07_03.jpg

Finished product:

Post07_04.jpg

Filter in action:

Post07_05.jpg

Oh my god, can you come and be my husband lmao. Mine thinks I'm nuts for all the time I spend on my fish lol... Great job on your pond and DIY filtering system, congratulations :D

Oh my god, can you come and be my husband lmao. Mine thinks I'm nuts for all the time I spend on my fish lol... Great job on your pond and DIY filtering system, congratulations :D

Ha ha, thanks. I'm flattered. My wife thinks I'm nuts too, spending all those time and money on goldies. Well, what can I say, have got the goldy bug :D

Ha ha, thanks. I'm flattered. My wife thinks I'm nuts too, spending all those time and money on goldies. Well, what can I say, have got the goldy bug :D

LOL yes indeed, such a great hobby.

Ooooh that's so cool!! I might have to take you up on your offer to build me one after all ;D Though I'm gunna need a pond first.

Cool!

Thanks

Very simple sump system! Makes me think of how cheaply you could setup a sump system with a plastic tub and a pump!

Yes, it is not hard at all, and is fun of making one :D

Ooooh that's so cool!! I might have to take you up on your offer to build me one after all ;D Though I'm gunna need a pond first.

Ha, just to make you even more tempted or jealous, I'm building another one that has gravels and stones and plants on top of it. :D

What are the white and black things in the middle and right? So simple! Tell us how it works!

What are the white and black things in the middle and right? So simple! Tell us how it works!

They are Ceramic Noodles Glass Ring (white in the middle), and BIO BALL (black on the right). The white one on the left is AQUARIUM Filter Pad.

So the water goes from top onto the filter pad, then goes down through bottom gap (can be seen on the first photo), and then up through the glass rings, and then over onto the bio ball from the top, and then leaves back to the pond. Happy DIY :)

Very creative! Such a smart design. The last picture didn't show that is why I asked. Thank you for sharing!

That's really neat! Do you know how many lph it turns over?

Awesome!!!! I might just make the sump for me tank with a big tub like that instead of a tank. So much cheaper!!!

It should work fine. Making filters is fun and easy. Getting up nerve enough to build a filter is hard.

Well done! :)

Very creative! Such a smart design. The last picture didn't show that is why I asked. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks. No problem.

That's really neat! Do you know how many lph it turns over?

Thanks. 1200 liter per hour

Awesome!!!! I might just make the sump for me tank with a big tub like that instead of a tank. So much cheaper!!!

Thanks, and happy DIY :D

It should work fine. Making filters is fun and easy. Getting up nerve enough to build a filter is hard.

Totally agree.

Well done! :)

Thanks.