Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
njubee

not exactly a pond, but what should i call it? well - it's mine :)

(why do you think that the lily is having problems because of the depth? (i am thinking it maybe doesnt have enough nutritions. (or that its gravel is to big :)

WAU - beautiful filter and pond work you have there! (i remember already looking at it before i signed up to kokos and remember thinking, well -exactly that- WAU! ... I wish I were that handy (so - how much for flying you over to do my filter? I promise i will stay out of the way :)

So winter will be for thinking and planing aswell ... I already hate that the autumn is coming and I wont be able to feed them ...

Lilies do better for me when they are in shallow water, that's all. If you don't have fertilizer tabs in the lily pot, that's likely the problem. I don't think you have enough fish load in there yet to fertilize them.

I laugh when people call me handy. I can't drive a nail with a hammer. I have such poor aim that I have to hold the handle near the hammer head to hit the nail, and then I have hardly any force. However I can make a guide hole with a drill and drive a screw into it. I can't cut anything with a hand saw that doesn't fit in my miter box, and I've chewed up the poor box so badly that I need another. I nearly maimed myself trying to use a circular saw. I can operate my little jigsaw, but I make bad cuts. I can't cut a straight line with a knife. I don't dare use crazy glue because I can't put things together straight and need lots of redos.

My only DIY "skill" is that I'm too dumb to know that what I'm trying to do is too hard for me. That's why the back pond isn't finished after 17 months, and probably won't be after 2 years when other people build a pond in days.

You can always get a stock tank for an indoor pond and bring your fish in for the winter.

Lilies do better for me when they are in shallow water, that's all. If you don't have fertilizer tabs in the lily pot, that's likely the problem. I don't think you have enough fish load in there yet to fertilize them.

I laugh when people call me handy. I can't drive a nail with a hammer. I have such poor aim that I have to hold the handle near the hammer head to hit the nail, and then I have hardly any force. However I can make a guide hole with a drill and drive a screw into it. I can't cut anything with a hand saw that doesn't fit in my miter box, and I've chewed up the poor box so badly that I need another. I nearly maimed myself trying to use a circular saw. I can operate my little jigsaw, but I make bad cuts. I can't cut a straight line with a knife. I don't dare use crazy glue because I can't put things together straight and need lots of redos.

My only DIY "skill" is that I'm too dumb to know that what I'm trying to do is too hard for me. That's why the back pond isn't finished after 17 months, and probably won't be after 2 years when other people build a pond in days.

You can always get a stock tank for an indoor pond and bring your fish in for the winter.

Well, i have bought lilies, that were supposedly good for that kind of depth ... But, true, they maybe don't have enough fertilizer. Although they only mad, i don't know, maybe 10 leaves alltogether - so that shouldn't drain all of their nutrients? .. well - wait for next spring ... (but what kind of fertilizer tablets to use? anykind?)

but/and - hahaha - about your handyness ... you almost got me believing you there? but, remember, i saw the photos of your work - sooooo ... you not being handy?? i don't think so!

but, we have the same diy skill it seems - too dumb (and too enthusiastic) to realize we actually can't do something, so we start onit anyway :) ... (the problem with me is i have a terrible temper issues when it comes to something can't do, or do it poorly ... so when first nail gets twisted, the hammers begin to fly, and timber follows them, the walls of the house get demolished ... and it stays that way, until the rust eats away that hammer lying in the middle of the backyard, getting rid of all the evidence of my inabilities (and anger) .. then i start again. and oooof goes another hammer .... (and that is strange, as i am so peaceful and kind and soothing to other peoples "mistakes") ehwell...

What a nice project you have going on there! Sounds like a lot of work but it's so beautiful I think it's worth it! Good luck with it!

amazing! I love the pond/water garden. When I dream of goldfish ponds, yours is the type I dream of....

Thats really beautiful ...the only thing that would worry me is that wood looks like processed pine which is treated with cyanide and may well be toxic. And of course it will rot eventually like all wood even marine grade does. But it looks so amazingly lovely right now. And that's a very nice way to do a filter. It's giving me ideas for hiding my monster pond filter.