Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
StarSapphire22

Ease of thread participation

12 posts in this topic

Hey!

Pretty new here, but I also belong to another forum (a member there recommended me to try here!), and there are definitely a few features they have that I miss.

First, when you go the forum home page there, there's a list of new threads or threads with new posts, regardless of category. It's just kind of handy, especially if a lot of people are participating in a thread, because it stays up there for a while and is easy to navigate to; it's also a great way to answer new questions quickly.

Second, I've noticed that there's options to subscribe to threads. Maybe this is just me being new and not figuring it out, but where does it notify us when there is a new post? The other forum I belong to you can get a notification in your "notifications" box, or have an email sent to you within a few minutes/daily/weekly, your choice. I love having the email option, because I don't have to sit and refresh now and then, I get an email and can go check it right away!

One thing I can say that I absolutely LOVE about Koko's, just after a day, is the PEOPLE! You guys are so friendly and knowledgeable, and it is QUITE refreshing compared to other forums who always have those few snotty members. Thanks for all the help everyone...if I use the site enough in the next few weeks, I will probably be subscribing, or at the very least donating. :)

Hello,

Do you have the button: View New Content in the top right hand corner? This will show you any new content (and you can customise this too) in any of the Forums. Also if you look above the View New Content button, there is a drop down menu under your member name. In here is an option to look at My content and in here you can follow any threads you have contributed to and highlighted posts have new content. Is that what you are looking for??

Cheers,

Isabella.

naw................Just a koko nut................. :tomuch:

It's never dumb to ask questions!! :flex:

go koko-nuts :clapping:

Thanks guys. Still can't believe I didn't see that big ol button... :hummm

You can also subscribe to threads and have it set to notify you by email when there is activity in the threads. I've actually never done it, so I don't know how well it works, but it is an option. :)

oh alex, it works really well. i have a koko's emails folder.. without it, i am useless :(

here's how :)

1. click the down button that displays beside your name up at the top right hand corner.

2. select "my profile"

3. top right hand side, select "edit my profile", it will take you to the General Accounts Settings screen.

4. on the left options panel, select "notifications options" and there you can choose what you want emails from :)

alternatively, at the beginning of each thread, top right hand corner, there is a "follow this topic" button. you can check that and opt to receive notifications for each post, i believe however, you only receive notification after you have made a contribution.

When you first get here its a little rough, i admit.

But the reasons are good. It keeps the spammers off the site, and also makes member participate on the forum. Once you get to goldfish and FM everything starts to open up for you. Or subscribe to the site and you get everything as a FM does, this helps me with the cost to keep this up and running. :)

Having it like this makes members feel secure, like being in a family, :)

:hug

Oh and I have moved the Recent topic hook to the Top of the site. :thumb:

Yay, no spammers! Yeah I understand the system...it's actually a really good idea. I probably will end up subscribing eventually, I just don't want to right away in case I only use the site for a week or something....though I'm starting to find you guys a lot more useful then my other forum for goldie things. And if I can't get my bf to sign off on subscribing, I'll probably donate at the very least. :Jig:

I do really like the sense of family here. I've been here 2 days and I already feel so welcomed. There's no snarkiness or ganging up on people...it's refreshing! :clapping:

Also, Koko, I think it's really cool that you actually pop on and participate. My other forum, the founder is like a mythical creature that only appears to announce things like, hey there's an app out...there's a merchandise store....etc. once a year or so. So I think it's really neat that you actually participate with your users. :)

And Stakos, thanks for the email tip! :)

Thank you :)

I have heard this before and dont understand.

I dont think Im any different than anyone else here. So I come to enjoy the funny, helpfulness and to learn. :) KG is like a child to me in a since. So I like to keep an eye out :)

:clapping::flex:

Hello :) It looks like you're finding your way around pretty well. I just wanted to drop in and :hi