Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wango

New Goldfish

Since lemon died my ryukin has been sleeping alot more because he is lonely.

so I decided to buy another fish since I was going in the pet shop direction yesterday.

So when I went to the fish section the first thing I saw was a tank full of huge orange orandas and i wanted one straight away. they were labelled "Jumbo oranda"

But then my mum showed me the quarantine label and I got disapointed, I looked for other fish but they only had very little fish. So instead of leaving we asked when those giant orandas will be out of quarantine, and they checked and said they can go today so I chose the smallest one xD

He cost me £30, that is $46 I think xD

I have named him chan now.

On his side there is a healing wound with about 3 scales missing, but it appears to be healing well.

His fins are a bit ragged, but they look healthy and all.

He was getting chased by my other fish yesterday but now heh as stopped hehehe

:Congrats: on your new fish! May you have many long happy years with him! :D

congratulations :)

have you added salt and prazi to the tank? might be a good idea incase he's carrying any nasties you can't see :)

Congrats on your new addition :) he's gorgeous :) as is your calico I love his long flowing fins :)

I hope all goes well since you didn't qt, maybe do as Stako's suggested just to be safe ;)

what kind of salt should i put in? hehe

Welcome!!! You want to use pure salt with no additives.

what kind of salt should i put in? hehe

is your tank cycled? if it is, then you will use aquarium salt, or i believe the green box of Morton's salt is the cheaper alternative. 1 tespoon of salt for every US gallon. here is a link to salting http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/94546-on-the-use-of-salt/

if your tank is not cycled, then please do not use salt as the salt can raise ammonia to really toxic levels and cause harm to your fish. just add prazi. ok?

Awww what a cutie <3 Congrats!! Good luck on treating them :) Helen has great advice!!!!

SO cute! :Congrats:

what a beautiful oranda! Good luck with your QT! He looks like he may need a little extra TLC. Please feel free to post if you have any questions during the QT period!

congrats on your new oranda

Congratulations. They are both beautiful!

Congrats on the new addition, and the other fish is pretty also...... :clapping: