Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gil

Like seeing a ghost...

So, some of you might remember me, but probably not. I used to post around here, was never particularly great or talented with goldfish (I kept getting feeder fish who were terribly ill, I'm inexperienced, etc. etc.), and then decided to stop keeping goldies after losing my beloved new fish, Flux, following last summer's hurricane. He was just starting to get better when the storm hit. He was at one place, I was hunkered down somewhere else, and when the power went off, he just didn't make it. I was pretty ripped up. I loved that fish.

This is Flux:

291723_2253902675130_4376313_n.jpg

185544_2253898435024_1718272_n.jpg

262521_2253893714906_675552_n.jpg

So I'm grabbing things for my dog, poking around in an entirely different store, when I see

(link is a video, if that's a problem for anyone.)

He's like Flux's long-lost twin, or something. I remember some people thought that Flux was pretty cool when I first posted him, so I figured I'd share for, you know, the good of the forum. not because I need any hardcore enabling or anything.

LOL

I'll enable anyway.

Did you get Junior Flux yet?

I haven't! Just moved and I don't have fishy things over here that would be appropriate. I'm plotting. There's a ten gallon with this fish's nonexistent name all over it.

I remember you Gil! Welcome back! So sorry to hear about Flux. Hurricanes can be tricky! Not sure how we made it through with fins flapping.

Best of luck with your new lovely!!! Please let us know if we can offer any help at all!

I'll enable!

You better snap that fish up before someone else does! What are the odds of finding one like your beloved lost fishy? :C

Edited by Drowsy

I remember you! Glad to have you back! Sorry about Flux, but I am excited about Flux II !

Ohhh, get himm, quick!!!!

We'z like pics too

:fishtank:

I love it when the one you want comees up to the front of the tank in store, its screaming "PICK ME!"

I remember you too.

As for enabling, I will say, get the fish only when you are ready. When I say "ready" I mean, mentally and tankwise. It's never good to rush into things just because a nice fish is there. Rushing can make a nice fish become a dead fish.

If you are ready, and the fish is available, then go for it.

Good Luck and let us know what you do.

:)

I agree with acro about the rushing part.

I also understand that you really want to get that fish.

If you get that fish, and don't have a fully cycled tank available, you have to be committed to these daily water changes. Good thing is that since it is for now only a 10g tank, the water changes are much easier to do.

Eventually then try to upgrade to a 20g or in case you want to get him a buddy, a 29g. :)

hey gil i do also remember you and Flux as well so sorry about your loss :( I can only agree with the above post about rushing into getting a beautiful fish your not ready for and causing more harm than good so get ready first or like fang suggested at least be prepared for daily w/c's and again a gentle reminder WE LOVE PIC"S!!!!!

I would have to say that is one of the strangest ones I've seen yet! LOL In a good way I mean, I like strange looking things. Kinda reminds me of

double2.jpg

Would you call that a telescope red cap oranda?

Awwww, get a new set up and do it! If you are ready for the water changes :)

welcome back :) sorry about flux and the new fish if you do decide is strangely adorable :heart

How did you manage to find two awesome fish like this?? He is very cute :) I really do hope you can get him!

very cute!! I wonder if you could ask the store to hold him for you while you get things ready?

Also, I would like to suggest that if you get the fish, pick up a tank that's larger than a 10 gal. The more water you have, the less fluctuations (temp, PH, ect.) you will have and things will be more stable and smooth. Also, more water makes less trouble for you and the fish!

Awww I am sorry about Flux :) I hope though you can get everything ready for Flux2 !!! ;)