Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GreenTea

My rescue ranchu and new Oranda - Picture heavy

Hi Kokos members, I'm sort of new here but here are some photos of my fish. I did not know how to QT properly (I thought I did!) and recently lost my entire ranchu stock :(

I started over, and these are my 2 most fish in proper QT. There are 3 others that are in my main tank now, which is fully established and they went through QT as well. As sad as I am/was at losing my ranchu, I am excited about my new fish and feel so much more prepared after researching through this forum and getting my questions answered by the awesome members so THANK YOU SO MUCH! :wub:

IMG_3856.jpg

IMG_3855.jpg

IMG_3853.jpg

IMG_3850.jpg

IMG_3845.jpg

IMG_3891.jpg

IMG_3888.jpg

IMG_3887.jpg

And the best for last :clapping:

IMG_3854.jpg

So again thank you everyone. I feel so confident going forward and I learn more all the time. Any advice on keeping the black on my new oranda?

Wow, they are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing pics! :D

I'm happy you are enjoying your readings and interactions on the forum. I hope to see you around here often, not for D&D issues, but as part of our goldfish community, discussing goldfish things! :D

Oh definitely I'll be staying. I don't know that I have much to offer other than basic care and how cute they are/temperment. I was a betta keeper and breeder and since each tank is individual never had to deal with these insane outbreaks before. I lost each of my ranchu a few days or weeks apart, despite my trying to save them.

I've mostly been admiring others' fish and reading up, there's so much to learn, it's really awesome. Thanks dnalex :)

Hi and Welcome! Beautiful fish :wub: As for the black-enjoy it! Black is very unstable in gf :o

Ohmygosh wow.

That oranda is just GORGEOUS. so very stocky, I just love it. <33

I mean I love them both, but I am in love with that oranda. xD

I hope you have an uneventful QT. c:

Welcome and lovely fish!! From all I've read there isn't a lot you can do regarding colour changes. There are some foods that claim to be colour enhancing and green water and ponds are amazing for vibrancy of colour. But I've read that black is the least stable colour of them all. Having said that, some fish do seem to keep their black a lot better than others. So keep fingers crossed!

BTW, a lot of us here have betta's too so your experience as a betta keeper/breeder would be most, most welcome (check out the betta section on Koko's :-)

Nice very very nice hun :thumb:

Gorgeous Goldfish you have there :) Thanks for sharing your pics :)

(I think there's an awful lot of food for just the two of them though ;) might want to watch over feeding them ;)

They are adorable!!!! Congrats on the new babies :)

Lovely to be sure!!! Welcome to you too! Best of luck with them!

I just realized that bottom image looks like he's giving his reflection a high-five...

Congratulations! I love that last photo LOL

Thanks all :)

They were really hungry so I tried to tip a little more food in there, but it came out too fast + spilled. Don't worry, I netted the remainder out after a few minutes. So far things are still going good.

That Oranda is too funny! Look at that cute lil face X3 Goodl luck the little guys :)

Love your Oranda! If the black color on the edges stays, it is a top quality goldy. Congratulations.

Aw, they are so cute! and the oranda is gorgeous :D

The Oranda is not doing well in QT. I am heart broken and scared I'll lose her. I'll make a 911 thread. She seemed fine at first, I'm concerned my treating her is what caused her to clamp up. She had just come out of QT treatment at the store.

I love that oranda!! Congrats

Welcome!!!! Your new fish are amazing!!!! Wishing you an uneventful QT :)

So adorable! congrats! I have a black & red oranda as well, but he's just a little guy. yours is so cute!!

The look great, they are thriving with you, keep up the good work!

nnnnnnnnaaaaaaawwwwwwww