Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dnalex

REVIEW: Repashy Soilent Green Gel (Premix Powder)

Chunking my gel food would be admitting defeat, hah! I wasn't gonna let a bunch of crappy fish food get the best of me, consarn it! Musta reheated if 5 times, spent hours fighting with it. Finally told my fish they'd learn to like it :)

:rofl :rofl :rofl that's what I did when i went from flakes to pellets :) Edited by Gcourtney

So! When I get my little sample, do you think it'd be best to mix it into cold water and microwave it, or boil water and then stir the mix in?

You must boil the water first and then add the Soilent Green into the water. If you have a whisk, it's going to be the best tool for the job. Whisk it all together as quickly as you can and let it boil for maybe 15 seconds. Pour immediately into a mold of your choice and let it cool until it solidifies. Then toss it in the fridge.

Personally, I find the stove top method to be superior to the microwave. Microwaves have exhaust vents which will stink up your house (this stuff smells, bad!). Also, because it's exposed to heat for a lower period of time there might be a nutritional benefit. If you microwave, you should mix the power up with the water first and then bring it to a boil. Stir it immediately or it may not firm up evenly. Then pour into a mold.

Oh my goodness I want to try this so much! Thank you for this review!! This stuff sounds so perfect.

I told my Goldfish Dreamsicle about me going to buy this food :food and he got excited. :Jig: He said go order it now mom! :o I said I'd have to wait till next month because mommy has to pay bills. :undecided::sorry:: Dreamsicle was upset so I told him if he wants it now then he has to pay for it out of his allowance. :idea: He said no way because he is saving his money in his sunken treasure chest in the corner of his tank :noway . I told him that he doesn't have one of those. So then Dreamsicle said "Oh yeah :hmm ...put that on the shopping list! " :gcar: ...... (LOL It is late here and I'm tired and I get so goofy when I am over tired) :rest::zz

Anyway I do want to look this up and get some, Besides Dreamsicle deserves to be spoiled with the best kinds of foods I can find right? :bingo::slicedbread

Oh my goodness I want to try this so much! Thank you for this review!! This stuff sounds so perfect.

I told my Goldfish Dreamsicle about me going to buy this food :food and he got excited. :Jig: He said go order it now mom! :o I said I'd have to wait till next month because mommy has to pay bills. :undecided::sorry:: Dreamsicle was upset so I told him if he wants it now then he has to pay for it out of his allowance. :idea: He said no way because he is saving his money in his sunken treasure chest in the corner of his tank :noway . I told him that he doesn't have one of those. So then Dreamsicle said "Oh yeah :hmm ...put that on the shopping list! " :gcar: ...... (LOL It is late here and I'm tired and I get so goofy when I am over tired) :rest::zz

Anyway I do want to look this up and get some, Besides Dreamsicle deserves to be spoiled with the best kinds of foods I can find right? :bingo::slicedbread

Hello :) This thread is about 2 years old, and posting in it (no matter how great of a review this was :rockon:) unless threads are pinned is against forum rules. Generally, threads older then a few months shouldn't be posted in unless it is an active on going thread, but this one's last post is nearing 2 years ago.

This was just a heads up for the future; I did that too when I was new :teehee

Oh :hide::oops::sorry:: ~ Dreamsicle and I have hurt feelings now :cry:cry1 But I thought the post does say "Pinned" doesn't it? :hmm:hummm

Hello :) This thread is about 2 years old, and posting in it (no matter how great of a review this was :rockon:) unless threads are pinned is against forum rules. Generally, threads older then a few months shouldn't be posted in unless it is an active on going thread, but this one's last post is nearing 2 years ago.

This was just a heads up for the future; I did that too when I was new :teehee

This thread is pinned.

:rofl

Dreamsicle asks: "You laughing at me?"

Dreamsicle14.jpg

I love his pouty face! LOL

It didn't say pinned on my computer :o sorry!! Lol

It didn't say pinned on my computer :o sorry!! Lol

Eh, oh well it's OK ;) I probably posted on an old thread here before you told me and no one has seen it yet IDK LOL! At least I know now :) You are just looking after things here so it's all good :thumbup2: