Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wango

Lonely ryukin

Now that lemon has passed away I cant help but thik about Chu my lonely ryukin.

Lemon was his only goldfish friendi n the aquarium now he is alone, will he get depressed?

What should i do about this?

I think he will be fine, although having a companion is always a good thing. Perhaps you could hunt for a friend for him? :)

I would get him a new buddy only if you have room for him.

True getting a friend for him would be nice...

but it hurts alot to think about this :'( It feels like i am replacing lemon!

I had Krang and Isis in a tank for several years. Krang had this horrid wen eating infection of some sort and I lost her. Isis moped around for a long while. I finally put him in a different smaller tank so I could disinfect the other larger one (55 gal) and redecorate and plant it. Several months went by and then all of a sudden I found an amazing goldfish at the pet store. So now Isis has a friend again and is very happy!

So...I suggest just giving it some time, Chu will be fine for a while. I suggest changing things up though, maybe switch him to another tank or drastically redecorate the current tank, this will perk up his mood. Finally, when the time is right and you see the perfect goldfish, all things will be well and you can get a new friend for Chu.

You would not be replacing, just moving on.

:)

Good Luck!

Edited by Acro

Cometredcapp had the same thoughts after Nishigini died and Newton was alone. I convinced him that Newton could be an only fish until we moved and could set up a larger tank. This seems to have been the right decision because Newton has grown tremendously and seems to be thriving in a way he didn´t with another fish in the tank. Take the opportunity to really spoil Chu, making fresh food and hand feeding him. When you are ready, the dream fish will call to you.

good things take time.. take some time to bond with your little buddy and when the time is right, you will buy another goldie :) make sure you are prepared to qt him for a month before adding him to your main tank :)

hehe true xD thanks