Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dnalex

You can get metronidazole here!

Hello KGW UK members :)

Recently two of our UK members (Carolinedoodle and Wango) found a place on eBay that sells metronidazole, and ships to the UK. The seller is in Greece.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metronidazole-250mg-20-Tablets-Aquarium-Fish-Antibiotic-AntimicrobialsFree-Ship-/251062003542?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a74762756#ht_1973wt_954

If you are able to, I would get some of this, as metronidazole is very helpful for a lot of internal issues, including dropsy. Since it's difficult to obtain some of these medications in the UK, I would get them when there is the opportunity :)

Thanks for the heads up, is this stuff better than the usual pet shop medicines for similar diseases? I have a stock of medicines 'just in case', but maybe it's worth my while getting some of this too.

I'm sorry, but the usual Interpet stuff for internal problems never work. The external treatments are probably OK.

I would definitely get this. This should last you for pretty much a lifetime.

Good to know Alex :)

I bought from this guy recently, (accidently came upon him whilst googleing), when my QT fish had a case of mouth rot..... and it helped saved him and his mouth.......yippeee!!!!!

It takes about 1.5 weeks delivery

Works!

I've just ordered them, hopefully I won't need them anytime soon.

Can I just ask though the item description says they expire 9/15, would anyone advise using them after this date?

Metronidazole is extremely stable, and should last much longer than that. There are also no toxic break down products. :)

I'm glad you ordered this. May you never need it :)

I bought from this guy recently, (accidently came upon him whilst googleing), when my QT fish had a case of mouth rot..... and it helped saved him and his mouth.......yippeee!!!!!

It takes about 1.5 weeks delivery

Works!

He sells a variety of antibiotics, not just metronidazole, i got a different antibiotic for the mouth rot(out of stock at mo), not metronidazole. His stock seems to have narrowed recently, hope it comes back.

I've just ordered some. Goodness, I hope it gets here in time, I am having fishy issues! :(

Want me to send you some now? how much do you need before yours arrive? pm me your address

OMG! this could bring Greece outta their devastating economy O.o (ok, *jokes*)

:) Thanks coco, but I can't use it yet anyway (I don't think) as I am treating with Jungle AP. It was the only thing I had at the time my fish got really sick! I am not too sure how many meds they can take at any one time. Thank you for your offer though! :)

No problem becs :)

Never need them when you have them, and always need them when you don't have them.......such is life lol

Just to say I got mines in thismorning, I ordered them on the 7th which was a Saturday so the shipping is amazingly fast.

I recieved mine today. I have no idea how to get them in to my fish though! So I am asking your good selves some questions, here goes! ;)

Do I make gel food for them?

How many pills should I use?

How do I know how much of the Metronidazole will be contained in each piece of gel?

I really could use your help as I have used the last of the Jungle stuff today. Thank you :)

:unsure::hummm:hmm:hi

Hi Becs, the best way is to start a thread in the D&D, but the short answer is that you crush the meds and mix it in with gel food :)

Whoop Whoop!!!!!!! Great thanks Alex! I am not going to be in much tonight, but I will try to make a D&D thread soon!!!! :)