Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aquarius

Hai Feng Foods

Do any of you know anything about the Hai Feng foods? My lfs has the most beautiful goldfish I have ever seen, and when I asked them what they fed, they pointed out 2 different kinds of hai feng foods.

They are small, floating pellets. I was thinking of trying some, but thought I would get opinions first.

Guest Tony

Iono......last time when i fed mah orandas those food. There tail started to chang color at a rapid rate. Then the tail was beggining to rot. I was really scared. Later on the fish died. I switched to a brand called "Laguna". Cuz it was cheap, and they gave you a lot. Now im using the hikari food. Orandas look nice eating those pellets. Oh weell.....this some of mah experience.

... I don't think food can cause tail rot... unless the fish don't eat the food, and it decomposes in the water.

I use Hai Feng food, but the kind thats particularly made for koi, the growth enhancing one. Its only being fed to my koi, but I believe Hai Feng also makes goldie foods, and those pellets are a lot smaller. I have had great growth rate with that brand of food, its the kind of food a lot of professional koi keepers feed their fish. I would give the goldie version a try, the koi version is highly liked in the koi keeper world... :)

can feed koi food to goldies?? I mean after breaking the koi pellets into smaller bite size..

I have been serching high n low for a growth food n tempted to use the Koi frowth food for they are very rich in protein...

Ranchugirl - Thanks. Maybe I will give it a try, then. The fish store down the street has the most beautiful, healthy fish I have ever seen, and when I asked them what they feed, that is what they use.

So I am very curious to see how well it works!

Aqua

Fi5hkiller, a lot of koi keepers feeding HaiFeng to their koi and also have goldies, give it to the goldfish as well. But all of them are in ponds, where there is a lot more water available to grow. I give some to my tank fish occassionally by soaking the pellets really good, and then squish them apart. My pond goldies get HaiFeng more often, but also soaked completely....

And yes, the goldies fed with HaiFeng are so much bigger, but like I said, feeding it as a main diet to tank goldies isn't recommended...