Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ANGELMB15

Microbelift legacy goldfish and koi

One last question dnalex. Does pro-gold have color enhancer? On the website they don't list very much on it. Ok, I LIED one more question lol. Is it good for my black golds?

Please ask as many questions as you like. :)

I'm pretty sure that Pro-Gold does have color enhancers, because my all-white oranda actually has more yellow colors on his wen etc., which is a sure sign that there are color enhancers in the food. I can't tell you what it will do specifically to your black goldies, but I do not think it will cause them to change colors. My black moor if anything is darker than he was before Pro-Gold, and Koko also feeds Pro-Gold, and her Myng is as black as ever.

Good enough for me with that comment! :slicedbread I just ordered some. I'm still working on that gel food also, thanks again dnalex.

I wonder if pro-gold has ethoxyquin in it?

You'll never know :rofl

I've tried asking Rick for the ingredients, and he's managed to skip answering these emails everytime. I wouldn't be surprised if it does have ethoxyquin in it.

As for the Repashy gel mix, what I am planning to do is get the 4 pound bags, which is the most economical. I may split them into smaller portions and pass them to my Koko's friends at cost + shipping, because that will be much cheaper than ordering the smaller portions. Stay tuned :)

Do want. No money. :(

I'm bummed out now :wall I spent $20 on it. I do have some omega one, I will look into the progold, and no more hikari.

2. Repashy gel food. I LOVE THIS STUFF. I've just started using it, and I just can't tell you how awesome this food it. It's gel based, which means it's much better for fish (less fillers). I am using the soilent green mix, which is perfect for omnivores. Here's a link to it. I highly recommend this product, and will be writing a full review of this awesome product in a week or so.

http://tedsfishroom.com/store/products/repashy-superfood-soilent-green/

This place has the best price out of anywhere. The food is also extremely easy to make. It's 1 part powder to 3 parts boiling water. Mix well, let it set, and the food is good in the fridge for 2 weeks. You can also freeze some of it. So you get to control how much you make to begin with, and you never actually waste food. The powder is good for 18 months at least, if stored properly.

I am interested in ordering this gel food. I have 3 smallish fish. Just wondering how much to order. When you say 1 part powder to 3 parts boiling water, about how much do you use at a time? A tbsp? 1/4 cup? Less? Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks!

I'm bummed out now :wall I spent $20 on it. I do have some omega one, I will look into the progold, and no more hikari.

2. Repashy gel food. I LOVE THIS STUFF. I've just started using it, and I just can't tell you how awesome this food it. It's gel based, which means it's much better for fish (less fillers). I am using the soilent green mix, which is perfect for omnivores. Here's a link to it. I highly recommend this product, and will be writing a full review of this awesome product in a week or so.

http://tedsfishroom....-soilent-green/

This place has the best price out of anywhere. The food is also extremely easy to make. It's 1 part powder to 3 parts boiling water. Mix well, let it set, and the food is good in the fridge for 2 weeks. You can also freeze some of it. So you get to control how much you make to begin with, and you never actually waste food. The powder is good for 18 months at least, if stored properly.

I am interested in ordering this gel food. I have 3 smallish fish. Just wondering how much to order. When you say 1 part powder to 3 parts boiling water, about how much do you use at a time? A tbsp? 1/4 cup? Less? Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks!

I does make sense, and you can really make however much you like. If you wish, you could make it with 1 teaspoon powder to 3 teaspoons of boiling water! :rofl

OR, you could make 1/4 of a cup of powder to 3/4 cups boiling water, pour it into a pan, cut it into cubes, estimate what you will need weekly, and freeze the rest. It's pretty versatile.

I'll have a video of this next week, after I am done with the testing phase.

You can order from Ted Judy's site, as well, although it's cheaper the more you buy it. I would estimate that a one pound bag would last you well over a year, and more :rofl

I got a reply from the people at Repashy UK and they will be stocking the Gel food in the very near future :)

I got a reply from the people at Repashy UK and they will be stocking the Gel food in the very near future :)

Fantastic! I think this stuff is amazing, except for the smell. I'm sure the goldfish thinks it's a heavenly aroma though :rofl

What's it smell like?

What's it smell like?

A bog...

Nothing wrong with that!

When you get your Progold food the ingredients. I have not seen a color change in my fish I have put in there gel food I make. I just cant find my pro gold bag right this min. Your black fish may change from what I understand black is very unstable. my black more is almost all white now. She is the one on my profile pic

Edited by rdoyle225

Ted Judy of Ted's fishroom will send it internationally. I don't know how much it will cost though. He said for international shipping, you can contact him. If you go to his website above, you can contact him. The guy is incredibly quick at responding to emails.

Hello! Thank you for the referral!

I will mail the food internationally, but there are a few things to take into account.

Australia has already stopped a shipment from reaching the customer and destroyed the food.

Due to the EU restrictions on animal proteins in animal feed, Repashy Superfoods for fish have not been imported commercially into Europe yet. I have been able to send packages in the mail, as personal gifts, and I have also carried bags through customs in Germany. But I cannto guarantee that a shipment will get through to you.

Shipping overseas varies, but in general the best deals are at the lower and higher ends of total amount ordered. For example, I can ship six 2 oz bags (one of each flavor) for about $17 to Europe, because they will fit into a Global Priority flat rate envelope. I can ship up to three of the biggest bags (64 oz) plus a couple 16oz or 8 oz bags into a large Global Priority flat rate box for about $60. In amounts in between the shipping is actually pretty high for the amount you get. I have been telling customers in Europe to go small and cheap to try the food (and to test that it will get to them) before ordering the big bags ust to save money per ounce of food.

Where would one find out whether or not it could be shipped to your country or not? Canada normally has the same restrictions as the US seeing as we are on the same continent.