Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
motherredcap

Sera 275 plus pump

Hi, We bought a Sera 275 pump at a jumble sale and wanted to set it up with an airstone... but I don\t know how and seem to need some connectors. Can anyone help or refer me to a video/website that shows how to do this?

Thanks!

You will need aquarium airline tubing, a 'Y' piece and a non-return valve for the air stone unless you plan on using 2 air stones in which case you will then need air line tubing and 2 non-return valves.

1. Measure the airline tubing so that it will go from your pump into your tank.

2. Cut airline tubing and fit non-return valve (it will have an arrow on it showing air flow direction)

3. Fit air stone

4. Turn pump on

5. Bubbles :)

OK. You'll need:

1. Some airline tubing. These can be clear, or comes in different colors

504306.jpg

2. One way check-valves. This is to prevent the water from flowing back into the pump and damaging it.

$%28KGrHqZ,%21ioE9Y-StSr1BPfRm+ckWg%7E%7E60_35.JPG

3. Then you need an airstone, bubble disk, or bubble wand :)

Free-shopping-10pcs-Aquarium-oxygen-diffuser-Air-diffuser-Bubble-stone-Corundum-Air-stone.jpg

ASC-100A.jpg

31NKm7qnPcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edit: What Alistairw says! :P

Edited by dnalex

Thanks! Does the pump have to be situated somewhere specific - above or below the level of the tank?

The instructions always say to put it above the water line, but I confess that none of my pumps are.

Thanks again, I had read online somewhere that they should be above but that seemed a little difficult to pull off. I had thought to put it on a small stand behind the tank.. but not exactly above.

All the pumps i have owned have always also been under the water line. I suppose that if the pump is above the water you wouldn't require a non-return valve :)

Hi, We bought a Sera 275 pump ....

I have one of those pumps , Sera275R . It has been runing for 7 years. A very nice pump. Only thing to look out for is the filter on the bottom. the plastic cap pops off and under there is a white fiber filter which can block air flow after a few years. just blow it out and put it back in and that gets it working again. I keep it under tank and used the one way valves for 3 years and then removed them, as they are not needed and do restrict air flow a little.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the pump. I´m sourcing the piping and valve now (little town, on a fjord, no stores) and hope to have bubbles soon!