Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
Harry high pants

why do we need to be subscribed

42 posts in this topic

What about getting rid of the subscriptions so people who cant get permission or who dont have the money can do all the stuff that the non subscribers miss out on

The subscriptions are there in order to help Koko run this site. Running a forum like this costs a lot of money, and as each of us here get help from this wonderful site, we choose to help out and subscribe. It is very affordable and for a good reason. :)

You, as a non-subscriber still have the full advantages of accessing the help forums in order to get help on your issues.

If you are not happy with not being able to access subscribers forums, I suggest you get a subscription

EDIT: You can also donate to the site, which can be a small contribution if you cannot afford a subscription. It is personal choice, but I definitetly love this site and choose to subscribe as a thanks to Koko, and to help keep this site going! :)

Edited by Narny105

being subscribed is optional.. with most things in life, when you choose to support something that supports you, you have the option to support the site finacially or with knowledgable contributions. both are optional. this site is second home to so many people from all over the world that adore this hobby and the people whom frequently visit.

i for one am eternally grateful for koko and the site she created. it's helped me in many more ways than one, to keep my fish alive, to make genuine friends that i would NEVER find anywhere else.

financially, i can afford to assist in keeping the site going, a small contribution to this site ensures my second home spilling with people i adore will be here for me whenever i need :)

there are many members here who either can't afford or choose for whatever personal reasons they have to not subscribe. there is no discrimination. this site is primarily to educate the public about goldfish and their environment. all the information that is helpful to achieve this is available on the public forum. subscribed members and non subscribed members patrol the forums to ensure that every effort is provided to assist those in need as quickly as possible.

being subscribed is optional.. with most things in life, when you choose to support something that supports you, you have the option to support the site finacially or with knowledgable contributions. both are optional. this site is second home to so many people from all over the world that adore this hobby and the people whom frequently visit.

i for one am eternally grateful for koko and the site she created. it's helped me in many more ways than one, to keep my fish alive, to make genuine friends that i would NEVER find anywhere else.

financially, i can afford to assist in keeping the site going, a small contribution to this site ensures my second home spilling with people i adore will be here for me whenever i need :)

:heart

there are many members here who either can't afford or choose for whatever personal reasons they have to not subscribe. there is no discrimination. this site is primarily to educate the public about goldfish and their environment. all the information that is helpful to achieve this is available on the public forum. subscribed members and non subscribed members patrol the forums to ensure that every effort is provided to assist those in need as quickly as possible.

Extremely well-said. :)

Things in life aren't free, although non-subscribers here get wonderful support and advice at no cost. When I found this site, I realized immediately that this would be the place where I could get all my questioned answered, so I subscribed. I wanted to support the site that had given me so much. Koko can't pay for all of this out of her own pocket -- that would be crazy. So I do what I can by paying a very reasonable subscription. It's the best thing I ever did for my fish, and it's been wonderful for me too. The people here have become my friends. :heart

I have nothing more to add to what's already been said :D

Thank you guys. And Stakos :clapping: very well said.

I really cant add more...

Thanks for the information

I never knew that

As a non-subscriber, but one who is considering being a subscriber (as I have hung out here quite a bit this last month) I have to say that the help here is truly outstanding. I am amazed at how fast and the exact steps that follow come within the 911 section. I wish I had found this site when my other two fish had become sick because they might still be alive today......It was just by dumb luck I saved the 3rd.

Even on non-emergency issues, so many people get right back to you quickly here.

As a non-subscriber I don't feel I'm missing out on anything and certainly not ignored because I'm not a subscriber.

Actually, the vast majority of the goldfish/fish issues are covered in the non-subscriber section, as it was intended to be. :)

The subscribers' section has more things that are non-fish related, where we can socialize, talk about non-goldfish stuff (cooking, exercise, etc) and get quick suggestions and advice on a panoply of issues.

Non-subscribers are in no way penalized. Subscribers, however, get a little extra.

Anyone who is thinking about it should subscribe. It's great. You get to support this awesome forum, and you will have the opportunity to interact with other subscribers. :thumbs:

IPB hosted community is pretty pricey per month. Any help that a site owner can get is very much appreciated. I own stand-alone ipb board on a different subject matter, I know first hand on the expense that it cost to run a active website.

IPB hosted community is pretty pricey per month. Any help that a site owner can get is very much appreciated. I own stand-alone ipb board on a different subject matter, I know first hand on the expense that it cost to run a active website.

Thank you for understanding. Yup it is very pricey, and every subscriber or donation helps keep my costs down.. Not only for the forum but the main site. :o

Even though life has been so hectic for me I've barely been able to post for weeks, I continue to subscribe. It's really not a lot of money, and it supports a wonderful site that has helped countless folks and their fish.

Also, I can post tarantula pictures and no one tries to chase me down with pitchforks. My Facebook, on the other hand... :peeka

Edited by Niffarious

Lol. Oh, noes. Spider haters! :rofl

I've actually been doing an 'invertebrate a day' photo project on FB - I had to hide several of my friends from being able to view the album after various interesting threats upon my person. :D

I've actually been doing an 'invertebrate a day' photo project on FB - I had to hide several of my friends from being able to view the album after various interesting threats upon my person. :D

:rofl:lol

I would absolutely love to subscribe, and it has been on my to-do list for a while. as soon as it is financially viable for me, I will be buying a subscription, but unfortunately, being a student on a loan, as well as owning two hamsters, I don't really have much money to spare!

I'm definitely love you guys and kokos. Its been six months since I've been on kokos I might as well subscribe soon since I pretty much trust this website.

Great posting Helen! :)

I have found a new world in here since I have joined kokos. I'm a non subscriber, but I can proudly say that I never get less help from anyone here. We are like a family here unlike any other forum. Kokos has given me thousands of dollars worth of knowledge and here everyone multiplies each other's happiness and divides their sorrows. And that's why we are a family here. And as a small contribution to this family, I always wished that I could subscribe or donate to kokos, but my bank didn't support Paypal transactions. It was my wish to share my hard earned money with the family, but not because I ever missed out on anything. Long live this forum!

Exactly! There should be something special for subscribers...because they are a special bunch helping support Kokos. Though, I guarentee most of them would subscribe without anything extra. I pretty much live paycheck to paycheck, so I have to be super careful, but that surely hasn't had an affect on my time here at all or the way people treat me. Thank you to all of the special subscribers out there!

I agree that subscribers should get more than just a subscribers area and a chatroom! But I don't know what that 'extra something' should be!

I agree that subscribers should get more than just a subscribers area and a chatroom! But I don't know what that 'extra something' should be!

One Hundred Million Dollars.

One Hundred Million Dollars.

3 trillion pesos!