Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Helen

New Ryukins 15.06.12

it's an audio vid.. hope you enjoy :)

wow, more gorgeous ryukins?! Helen, I am totally jealous of the amazing fish you can get your hands on haha.

your fish are sooooo beautiful.................. :druel I am totally jealous, I like those giant ryukin, esp the dark calico :wub:

Love them, love them, love love love them!!!

Beautiful :heart :heart ....... I wish I could get me some fish like that....

I am just in awe! They are gigantic and fabulously beautiful! :Congrats:

Now, I'm not really picky. Why don't you just put all four on the plane and send them to me! :rofl

Oh they are so gorgeous! I hope you are luckier with these than with the last ones :)

They are very pretty hun. I know how you feel with my Ranchu's :heart

They make that 9 gallon tank look like a flower vase :lol They are just beautiful :) Wow.

They are gorgeous! Congratulations!

You've got taste lady! Really love them.. I saw some JUMBO Ryukin when I was at my dealers home tonight. Went for a Demekin.. but I love Ryukin.

Some look a bit out of balance due to stress.. but this will be allright.

beautiful , beautiful fish.

they're so pretty!

wow, more gorgeous ryukins?! Helen, I am totally jealous of the amazing fish you can get your hands on haha.

thanks hun.. i am amazed at what i can find too :heart

your fish are sooooo beautiful.................. :druel I am totally jealous, I like those giant ryukin, esp the dark calico :wub:

good choice! i think he's my only male in the group, he happens to be my favourite of the lot too :)

Love them, love them, love love love them!!!

:D i love this comment :heart

Beautiful :heart :heart ....... I wish I could get me some fish like that....

keep looking hun.. there's gotta be someone near you imorting direct from Asia :)

I am just in awe! They are gigantic and fabulously beautiful! :Congrats:

Now, I'm not really picky. Why don't you just put all four on the plane and send them to me! :rofl

sure thing alex.. just don't be surprised what comes outta the box when you open it :rofl

Oh they are so gorgeous! I hope you are luckier with these than with the last ones :)

:heart me too!.. i have my fingers and toes crossed that nasties in this community are a thing of the past!

They are very pretty hun. I know how you feel with my Ranchu's :heart

thanks hun :heart

They make that 9 gallon tank look like a flower vase :lol They are just beautiful :) Wow.

i know... lol.. i was so hoping john would get back with the camera so i could snap a few still shots also. he didn't make it back in time. lol. if i need to salt dip them again, i will make sure it's when the camera is here too :)

They are gorgeous! Congratulations!

thank you :D :D

You've got taste lady! Really love them.. I saw some JUMBO Ryukin when I was at my dealers home tonight. Went for a Demekin.. but I love Ryukin.

Some look a bit out of balance due to stress.. but this will be allright.

thank you :) they're slightly "off" because they've just gone through the salt dip/bath of high concentration of salt for 5 mins. this does make them wonky and the video was shot a half hour into their 2 hour recovery period. their behaviour displayed is to be expected. now that they're in their tub, they've resumed normality.

beautiful , beautiful fish.

thank you michael :)

they're so pretty!

many thanks :heart

I like the vase analogy. :) They are so friggin beautiful. The dark one with the really red head is my favorite. :druel I noticed that one of them swam on it's side at the bottom of the tank when it turned-hope that makes some sense. Is that a normal theing for ruykins to do? I had noticed that Yara has been doing that a bit for the last few days. Sorry, I don't mean to hijack your thread, Helen.

I like the vase analogy. :) They are so friggin beautiful. The dark one with the really red head is my favorite. :druel I noticed that one of them swam on it's side at the bottom of the tank when it turned-hope that makes some sense. Is that a normal theing for ruykins to do? I had noticed that Yara has been doing that a bit for the last few days. Sorry, I don't mean to hijack your thread, Helen.

dan, glad you asked :)

the Ryukin has a distinctive turn movement.. they nose dive and then side swipe the bottom of the tank before they come up again and right themselves. it's very normal and a beautiful characteristic of theirs that i absolutely love about them.. it's like their own little happy dance. another aquatic animal that does this is the Dolphin :)

they really are Gorgeous :) I do hope you can nip in the bud whatever it is they have got before it goes bad ;)

They are super pretty! I love the one with all the blue along the base of the doral fin. I wish you the best of luck with these guys!

Beautiful fish and beautiful choices of the breed. As usual helen you have an eye for the highest quality out there. :):goodjob Will these ones be getting names? With their size can you sex them yet?

they really are Gorgeous :) I do hope you can nip in the bud whatever it is they have got before it goes bad ;)

me too hun, thank you for your compliments :)

They are super pretty! I love the one with all the blue along the base of the doral fin. I wish you the best of luck with these guys!

thanks Courtney :heart

Beautiful fish and beautiful choices of the breed. As usual helen you have an eye for the highest quality out there. :):goodjob Will these ones be getting names? With their size can you sex them yet?

thanks Una :) i can, but i haven't tried yet. i know one (the darkest one) is definitely male. i used to want male and female as i thought i would like to try my hand at breeding them, but, i have no time and it would be really unfair to hundreds of fry to be neglected. perhaps when i retire :D i would still love to give it a go at some stage.

once i get the new fish into the main tank, atm, they are in a deep orange tub and i can't see them properly, i will be able to see who is male and female. once you know exactly what the differences are between the two genders, it's really easy to tell, you don't need to wait for breeding stars :)

wish i could get some of those in georgia, my local fish stores kind of suck haha...

we do have a new one opening in 2 weeks that i'm very excited about. they're trying to order me 2 panda moors, i hope they deliver!

Wow they look fantastic! Theyre so HUGE. That ten gallon looks like a 2 gal! haha

Aw Helen,they are just lovely :heart I especially like the tri-color :wub: Fingers still crossed for an uneventful qt :goldfish: