Sign in to follow this  
conisaxx

My baby budgies!

16 posts in this topic

The manager from where I work used to have 3 or 4 budgies in a cage, and told me she only had one remaining, as the others escaped... (she left the cage outside and the wind blew and...yes I know.) Long story made short, I decided to adopt her lonely bird (I thought of getting into the birdy world before - this was just a great occasion). A few days after, I got a second one, a baby.

So here is my Eddy, 3-4 years old little boy:

250824_321076204644727_429878952_n.jpg

(The cage was on the floor for the first day until I find an appropriate stand)

And this is my baby bird, no name yet (I still can't tell if she/he is a boy or girl)

309957_321076561311358_84486509_n.jpg

I am going to upgrade my cage very soon - I want to provide them with the best care as possible.

Any suggestions (even for naming the baby) are welcomed ^^

Edited by conisaxx

So cute!! he/she has that look saying 'I plan to be mischievous' :P

Be sure you get him/her health checked ;) Budgies tend to have a habit of getting psittacosis, and it is a very expensive treatment- We had the unfortunate honour of having it among our birdy family!

Edited by Narny105

oh how cute :) congrats on your new feathered friends :)

Aaahhh how cute,

Budgies make great pets.

Good luck

Very pretty babies :thumb::heart

Aww, thank you everyone! :D

Aw. They are so cute! :)

Those are very cute

Adorable. I think Freddie could be a cute name because it works for both a girl and a boy.

Adorable. I think Freddie could be a cute name because it works for both a girl and a boy.

Aww, I like it! Ty so much I will consider it :D

THOSE ARE SO CUTE I WANNA EXPLODE

For those of you who don't know, I'm obsessed with budgies. I have 2 and they are my LIFE! I'm so happy for you because I know your new little one will bring you plenty of laughs and trouble :)

Mine do plenty of that....once they excavated a hole in my bedroom wall....long story short, I left them out of the cage while I showered, and when I came back there was a shredded pile of drywall and wallpaper next to the cage....and Angel was trying to fit his head in.

For those of you who don't know, I'm obsessed with budgies. I have 2 and they are my LIFE! I'm so happy for you because I know your new little one will bring you plenty of laughs and trouble :)

Mine do plenty of that....once they excavated a hole in my bedroom wall....long story short, I left them out of the cage while I showered, and when I came back there was a shredded pile of drywall and wallpaper next to the cage....and Angel was trying to fit his head in.

HAHAA !!! That made me laugh!!! Are your budgies tamed? Are old are they? I bet they are so cute too!

HAHAA !!! That made me laugh!!! Are your budgies tamed? Are old are they? I bet they are so cute too!

They're super-tame!! In '08 my cockatiel died, and since I'm allergic to 'tiels, my mom bought me a budgie, and on Christmas day I ran to the Christmas tree only to find a BIRD CAGE with a cover on it, and I heard a little birdy inside scuttling around :) He was about 3 months old at the time, and the whole Christmas vacation from school I spent taming him and becoming friends with him. Then in March of '09 my uncle brought another budgie to my house, this time a female. A little boy (4 years old) was expected to completely care for the bird, but he ended up neglecting her and abusing her. She came in a canary cage terrified and biting, but she warmed up to me when she learned I was a person, but I was a FRIENDLY person, lol.

So now Angel is 3 years old, Skye is about 2 years and 8 months old :) They're so friendly and happy-go-lucky and they sing like CRAZY! Angel can talk, but he only says ridiculous noises and "words" I taught him :) He speaks fluent Budgie xD Sometimes when he sings it sounds like there are 10 budgies in the room! And when they're out of their cage they go nuts climbing all over me, preening me, Skye trying to nest in my hair :no:

But I LOVE THEM!!!

Hehe you're winding me up! :carrot:

They're super-tame!! In '08 my cockatiel died, and since I'm allergic to 'tiels, my mom bought me a budgie, and on Christmas day I ran to the Christmas tree only to find a BIRD CAGE with a cover on it, and I heard a little birdy inside scuttling around :) He was about 3 months old at the time, and the whole Christmas vacation from school I spent taming him and becoming friends with him. Then in March of '09 my uncle brought another budgie to my house, this time a female. A little boy (4 years old) was expected to completely care for the bird, but he ended up neglecting her and abusing her. She came in a canary cage terrified and biting, but she warmed up to me when she learned I was a person, but I was a FRIENDLY person, lol.

So now Angel is 3 years old, Skye is about 2 years and 8 months old :) They're so friendly and happy-go-lucky and they sing like CRAZY! Angel can talk, but he only says ridiculous noises and "words" I taught him :) He speaks fluent Budgie xD Sometimes when he sings it sounds like there are 10 budgies in the room! And when they're out of their cage they go nuts climbing all over me, preening me, Skye trying to nest in my hair :no:

But I LOVE THEM!!!

Hehe you're winding me up! :carrot:

AWW what a cute story ! :D Birds are amazing pets!