Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mikroll

tele butterfly fry

Beautiful bright colours! Wow. :clapping:

Hi all and I am glad that some of you likes them too ! This project now enters 3 rd year . I hope to breed these back to parent and also some to a very nice line of black moor , and of course these f3 to each other too. I am no expert on genetics and so must read up , ask questions and follow my thoughts as a humble fish farmer.

Yes Geek, colours are not bad but i hope they will improve with next spawn as the original goal was to produce some "panda" types .

I love the panda colouring. Is it possible to get a stable panda? (not that I am saying they are crazy)

I have ask several sellers that question and they all say no :(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

That's what I've heard too, unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the panda colouring. Is it possible to get a stable panda? (not that I am saying they are crazy)

Yes , it is possible.

Yes , it is possible.

At what point van you tell the colouring is stable? Do you have to wait to a certain point in maturity? I adore the pandas, my favourite, by far:) I'm coming to steal one! lol

well I think that is a great question and is discussed in many books as some colour combinations are not stable and changes during fish's growth, or water quality or temperature. I know from direct experience that color can change rapidly when temperatures are too highand they are stressed.

If you know the fish's bloodline or the fish farm where bred then you can get an idea of what to expect.

Mine are now at 3rd season and so i think are stable plus I know the fish farm where their parents were bred,( Eli) you can see it at begining of the topic. eli produces stable colours. My black moor line I have for more than 10 years and is 100% stable black, only at death can we see what colors lie under the black. the moors I will use to try to introduce more black into the tiger calicos this season.

would be nice to have some better stock to work with but are a little hard to get .

well I think that is a great question and is discussed in many books as some colour combinations are not stable and changes during fish's growth, or water quality or temperature. I know from direct experience that color can change rapidly when temperatures are too highand they are stressed.

If you know the fish's bloodline or the fish farm where bred then you can get an idea of what to expect.

Mine are now at 3rd season and so i think are stable plus I know the fish farm where their parents were bred,( Eli) you can see it at begining of the topic. eli produces stable colours. My black moor line I have for more than 10 years and is 100% stable black, only at death can we see what colors lie under the black. the moors I will use to try to introduce more black into the tiger calicos this season.

would be nice to have some better stock to work with but are a little hard to get .

I can't wait to see some pandas:) I've got two moors and one is about 60% orange now (my profile pic). The other has some copper sneaking up her belly. So if my one guy goes all orange, is she no longer a moor, but a telescope? With all of the crossbreeding, I guess you never really know what you will get.

I bought a Thai black ranchu that came with papers guaranteeing he would stay black. The Thais have some great lines. The breeder he came from only breeds black ranchus. At this point, there is only black ranchu in the lines. He was gorgeous, I miss him:(

Saw an advertisement for black jellyhead orandas. I am guessing that black would be gone lickety split...

Update, F2, age 23 month, seen in video here here as they wake up from winter sleep and take first food of new year. Those surviving Winter wake up I hope will breed soon and also plan to breed them back to some of the young f3 males which are just now moving to outside tanks.. water temp 13°C , food green flake and artemia flake. Many have a very nice rich black cap and I hope that this trait will continue.

th_IMG_1074_zpsa0d790b9.jpg

update. telescope now at age two years produce a second spawn and have also spawned with their offspring from last year (pictured ,the smaller black headed calico) also seen are some of the black tele used to help produce more black. so we see if the back cross to the parents will produce more with black

heads?

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/mikroll/telescope/P1130223_zps2a45ec42.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/mikroll/telescope/P1130224_zpsc692ea2b.jpg

Edited by mikroll

Beautiful fish!

I am delighted to add this update .  30 nov  14  the fish were moved inside to warm house and given general qt treatment they spawned on 30 dec, now I have about 30 fr, these are a mix , an so are 4 th and 5 th in line, soon will post pictures, but have a few problems with this new machine, surface .

I am pleased to give this update with some pictures. I have had a rough time as we had a lighting strike which started a fire and  took out many electrical devices such as TVs sat box decoders telephone access points ,electrical gates AND destroyed my computer and the  hard disk with all my fish books and pictures. Pictured are some of the parents now age 1 and 2 year, their spawn age 60 day, and a second spawn from same parents age 30 day. these fry are 4 and 5 generation mix as I combined parents , son back to mother and so forth with line breeding. today also hatch a 3 rd spawn from same parents.

parents

P1140981_zpsarocsdrv.jpg

P1140982_zps2wzcblaa.jpg

spawn f4&5 60 day

P1140976_zpscocnvymv.jpg

P1140991_zpsqvojztoo.jpg

P1140997_zpswy6kgcmg.jpg

spawn 30 day f4 & 5

P1140971_zpsl5zc9tcq.jpg

P1150001_zpsyzlj09yq.jpg