Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mikroll

tele butterfly fry

six tails from China( http://www.kokosgold...ils-from-china/ )

telescope butteryfly calico spawn and fry growth. these spawned twice.

This is first time i raise this type of fish, the TBC; will be interesting to see if they develope like my black moors.

here is seen video of the action , spray of eggs into nest material.

following pics of fry at ages 12 , 20 day.

clic on pic for video

a>[/url]

th_P1100554.jpg

P1100588.jpg

age 20 day ,

P1100681.jpg

P1100690.jpg

Edited by mikroll

Nice job, Michael. Looking forward to seeing their development! :)

Hooray for fry! :clapping:

WHOOOT!!

You also got a shinny Medal :thumb:

Oh awesome Michael!!!

I bet they will be gorgeous!

That's so cool. I bet they're gonna be beautiful. Congratulaitons.

That's amazing!! Congratulations!!

a few tails begin to form up nicely, just like parents, broad flat butterfly .

P1100701.jpg

Oh wow what an awesome shot... :thumb::clapping:

Very nice fish developing, yours are a stage ahead of mine!

I can hardly wait to see these as they get older!

Oh wow! These fry's are gonna be stunners with parents like those!

these are about 3 weeks ahead of yours. I also have another spawn from the other female parent which hatched 3 days after your group.

these are about 3 weeks ahead of yours. I also have another spawn from the other female parent which hatched 3 days after your group.

Oh right, so when do you start seeing where they are double or single tailed?

Will be interesting to see if our growth rates vary at all

double / single tails can be sen from very first days if you have sharp eyes. But by weeks end it is clear. With these TBC I do not know how growth rates will be as this is my first time working with this variety. so far singles tails seem to compose about 15-20%. Growth we will see later, but they seem to be growing well as the eggs were unusually small and so were the hatchlings. this was true for both spawn groups.

double / single tails can be sen from very first days if you have sharp eyes. But by weeks end it is clear. With these TBC I do not know how growth rates will be as this is my first time working with this variety. so far singles tails seem to compose about 15-20%. Growth we will see later, but they seem to be growing well as the eggs were unusually small and so were the hatchlings. this was true for both spawn groups.

That's quite interesting, mine should be visible in a few days then.

Also, do you know why some of my fry are completely white? With just black eyes, you can't see any black where the back should be.

goldfish breeding and genetics is very interesting and complex . If you were line or inbreeding some answers might be found. . solid colours, of certain varieties are very well established and the results are well known.

But I think you used a ryukin - moor combination? I have never tried that. and have to guess. Maybe someone else has done that and knows.

In a calico there will always be a lot of mattes (white , transparent gill plates ,poor fish which I cull early. I would guess that it can be as many as 25%.)

The good calico , a mix , will be a % of the total such as 35-50%, and the real colours will show up much later.

A good book on the subject for hobby fish keeper is "Goldfish Breeding and Genetics" by Joseph Smartt and J. Bundell. Dr.Smarrt is professor at U of South Hampton.

I also have a few other articles on this subject in pdf and can share them but they are rather technical and boring.. if you become interested PM me.

Are matte fish genetically predisposed to be being less healthy, or is it something that is proving difficult to breed out of calicos?

goldfish breeding and genetics is very interesting and complex . If you were line or inbreeding some answers might be found. . solid colours, of certain varieties are very well established and the results are well known.

But I think you used a ryukin - moor combination? I have never tried that. and have to guess. Maybe someone else has done that and knows.

In a calico there will always be a lot of mattes (white , transparent gill plates ,poor fish which I cull early. I would guess that it can be as many as 25%.)

The good calico , a mix , will be a % of the total such as 35-50%, and the real colours will show up much later.

A good book on the subject for hobby fish keeper is "Goldfish Breeding and Genetics" by Joseph Smartt and J. Bundell. Dr.Smarrt is professor at U of South Hampton.

I also have a few other articles on this subject in pdf and can share them but they are rather technical and boring.. if you become interested PM me.

I'm not sure what bred, I'm presuming its a moor, but the father could be out of a red ryukin, a tri-colour ryukin or a long-tail calico ryukin, so whatever turns up is bound to be quite interesting.

I quite like the look of matte fish, especially in ryukins, so I reckon I'll only cull for deformities not colour, I only have 75 fry and half of these are comets from the pond.

TBC , age 38 day, interesting eye and tail developement. the eyes are apparently larger than normal fish eye and tails are large and flat. today they change diet to BW and SE

P1100722.jpg

Very nice! They are developing nicely! How many did you get Michael? May be Federica should reserve some :D

How do you determine when to switch their diet?

Very nice! They are developing nicely! How many did you get Michael? May be Federica should reserve some :D

How do you determine when to switch their diet?

yes they are ok and and am pleased so far.

do not know. several hundred perhaps. they are being divided into 7 aquariums by size in hopes to improve growth of the smaller ones and prevent camibalism .

Fredi likes 'em big ,20-25 cm, that woud be a year or two for sure. but this is test for a September order of good pandas.and so far so good.

They tell when they want to eat more. normal is about 3 to 5th week. but as this is first time with this type of fish do not know yet. they like blood worm and do not yet like steam egg.

today will try Bio- mar Start a fine fish meal for young .

I can't wait to see them when they are bigger! Their tails are already beautiful!

TBC at age 50 day pictures when water changing.

P1100776.jpg

P1100775.jpg