Jump to content
Kokos Goldfish Forum

luke.duggan

Fry
  • Content Count

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

Previous Fields

  • Age
    30
  • Location
    Nashville
  • Referred By
    Google

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thank you for taking the time to write this. Really appreciate it and very helpful. Is there a pump/filter you would recommend for my size?
  2. Thanks. Once the rocks are removed..should I vacuum up any debris? Unfortunately I moved the rocks around a bit today in trying to clean them and it did bring a lot of that “dirt to the surface” the fish were still inside the pond. I can remove the fish tomorrow morning and drain the pond completely if that’s what is needed? quote post="2025935" timestamp="1508723597" name="mjfromga" userid="25299"] Rocks don't belong on the bottom of ponds. It will cause issues. Remove all the fish and remove all the rocks. Don't remove the rocks with the fish inside. The bacteria under them can harm the fish. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. The bottom of the pond is lined with medium size pebbles. Maybe an inch and half in length. I noticed today too that there was some sludge build up under those pebbles as well as fallen debris so I tried to vacuum it up and in doing so moved them around a bit which caused the sludge/dust to fill the pond with a cloudy residue. I’m waiting for tomorrow for it to have settled and perhaps try again in removing some? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. There’s also three water lilies in the pond. As well as a few snails I see periodically. I cleaned the filter out today too and noticed some blood worms. The pond unfortunately is exposed to full sun so gets a lot of algae in the summer or at least it did this summer. All the fish seemed fine though. It’s also under a large hackberry tree and there’s a lot of debris from the tree (leaves twigs) that fall into the pond. Could this be causing a problem? We had our yard sprayed for mosquitos about two weeks ago but we asked them to not go near the pond area. IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171023/987f6d5ad9d4474c87283d5f359e9d30.jpg[/img] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Ammonia level : 0ppm Nitrite level : 0ppm Nitrate level : 40ppm Unfortunately I haven’t tested the tap water for ammonia/ph/nitrite/nitrate levels. I can tomorrow. Ph level : 7.5 I use the drops test kit Water temperate today was 58 Tank size : above ground pond 15 inches deep and total of 250 gallons. It’s been running for about 5 months now. I have a pondmaster pmk1250/1350 filter/pump as well as a uv sterilizer. There is a small water feature in the middle of the pond. I have never changed the water. I took about 20% out today and refilled. I have 4 Oranda goldfish. Two are 6 inches and two are four inches. I use the aloe stress reliever/sometimes a algae reducer/and a good bacterial promoter. I feed them a sinking pellet twice a day. I haven’t added any new fish but we did notice a few weeks ago a baby fish (not an Oranda) possible from a near by pond/lake? Dropped by a bird. I added some medication today that I bought at petsmart for bacterial infections. Apart from the sore on his mouth there is nothing else that is unusual. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Can anyone help with the diagnosis of this? I woke up yesterday and noticed he had this and today it’s got worse. The water quality seems to be fine as do the other fish. He seems fine within himself too and is eating. I added some general bacterial infection medicine from petsmart just now. Panicking as to what this is and what I should do? IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171022/b92351de33c48867be1fbcea28314347.jpeg[/img] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. We have had our Oranda goldfish now for about 6 months. Everything has been perfect. I check the water quality every week and apart from some rise and fall of ph (the pond is in full sunlight) it has been great. We have 4 orandas and yesterday morning I noticed one had a pinkish mark under his mouth. Today it is worse. I thought maybe the ammonia level was high but checked and it’s not but I cleaned the pond anyway. Removing some fallen leaves vaccuumed up some of the debris on the bottom and added about 25% new water. I also went to pet smart and bought some general bacterial infection medicine. I’m freaking out that this poor guy might be in pain and worse might die. Does anyone know what this may be? And what i should do? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
×
×
  • Create New...