I feel awful, like maybe I'm some ignorant goldfish-torturer but this is happening again. This time to my Yuan Bao.
He has never quite been 100% "normal" after I moved. I moved them on November 29th. There was a slight change in pH to where I live now. You can check out my post history for more information. Generally he's been acting listless and lost and not the energetic and funny Yuan Bao he was before I moved.
I have isolated him today in a 20 gallon tank with new water, and included a sponge filter from my main tank. He is currently swelled up with slightly raised scales, bottom sitting, and not eating.
Test Results for the Following:
* Ammonia Level(Tank): 0
* Nitrite Level(Tank): 0
* Nitrate level(Tank): 10-20
* Ammonia Level(Tap): 0
* Nitrite Level(Tap): 0
* Nitrate level(Tap): 0
* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines): 7.2
* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 6.8
Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? Please answer both brand and type. API Freshwater Master Test Kit (liquid drops)
* Water temperature? If you don't use a heater, give the the air temperature. 21C (70F)
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? Please answer both questions. 75 gallons, running since August 4 2018.
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? By the "size" of the filter we mean the gph/lph that it claims to turn over. Fluval FX6
* How often do you change the water and how much? Please answer both questions. Twice per week, ranging between 25-50% wc
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Please answer both questions: Today. 35%. Before that, it was Dec 27 and I did 50%
* How many fish in the tank and their size? Three. All fist-sized. Can get weights later if necessary.
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Seachem prime
* What do you feed your fish and how often? Hikari lionhead daily staple, Omega small sinking pellets on occasion, leafy greens, frozen bloodworms, and a fast day once per week.
* Any new fish added to the tank? No
* Any medications added to the tank? This includes any used recently or currently in the tank. No
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. This fish has not had treatment.
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? List all physical symptoms. Bloated, slightly raised scales, pale colour around the gill covers.
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? List all behavioral symptoms. Bottom sitting, not eating, the total opposite of what this fish is normally like (energetic and crazy). Has not been back to 100% "normal" since the move.