I don't think Goldie is feeling well
Test Results for the Following:
* Ammonia Level(Tank) 0 * Nitrite Level(Tank) Unknown * Nitrate level(Tank) Unknown
* Ammonia Level(Tap) 0 * Nitrite Level(Tap) Unknown
* Nitrate level(Tap) Unknown
* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6 * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6 (Maybe .1 lower? Colour is hard to read.)
Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops * Water temperature? * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 75 gallons, set up three days ago * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Petco brand rated for 30 gallons * How often do you change the water and how much? I have not changed the water yet, I was thinking I should do a w/c tomorrow..?
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? No water change yet * How many fish in the tank and their size? 4 goldfish: aprox. 1.5", 2x 3", 2" * What kind of water additives or conditioners? API water conditionor * What do you feed your fish and how often? 3x daily, food varies; Hikari Lionhead pellets, frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp, spinach, peas, kale, lettuce. * Any new fish added to the tank? All fish are new to this tank, this is Goldie's first time being in a tank with one of the fish, the 1.5", Dazzle. * Any medications added to the tank? No * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. No medications have been used. * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? A red cut/mark on belly * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Frequentely stops swimming and floats head down-tail up for a few seconds. Swimming slower than usual.
A few notes/explanations:
I don't currently own nitrate/nitrite test kits. I will be buying them tomorrow or Friday. (Sorry!)
I am aware the filter is not suitable. I plan to purchase a much larger one when I pick up the test kits.
My guess is the red mark is from aggresive mating attempts since Goldie is confirmed female and Oliver, confirmed male, has been pushing her around lately.
Any help is much appreciated!