Test Results for the Following:
* Ammonia Level(Tank) 0
* Nitrite Level(Tank) 0
* Nitrate level(Tank) 40
* Ammonia Level(Tap) 0
* Nitrite Level(Tap) 0
* Nitrate level(Tap) 10
* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4
* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.2
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
* Water temperature? 70F
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 55 gal. A few months but the filters and cycle have been set up for 4+ years.
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? x2 aqua clear 110s
* How often do you change the water and how much? once a week 40-70%
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Doing one today, 50%
* How many fish in the tank and their size? 2 fish. 7inch Oranda and 4 inch black moor
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
* What do you feed your fish and how often? Twice a day,mostly pro gold but I sometimes throw in omega one,peas or solient green.
* Any new fish added to the tank? No
* Any medications added to the tank? I did a .2% salt for a wound on Dottie 2 weeks ago.
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Listed below
If someone can give me the instructions for gh and kh tests I can test for those.
As far as meds go I have salt, prazi pro,E.M erythromycin and tetra parasite guard.
Solo has been floating really bad these past few days, 2 days ago I noticed a bloody spot on his left side and slight swelling. Last night the bloody spot got smaller but swelling bigger and today the spot is a little smaller but more swelling.