Hi, folks. Need some ideas for Rosie. She's a Ryukin (but not great quality lol) I got from Petsmart like six or seven years ago. She made it through fish-in cycling with me and two moves of house, but she's not doing well. Floating at the top with her back sticking out. She CAN swim down and does occasionally to scavenge at the bottom and she always remains oriented correctly, but she pops right back up to the top when she stops swimming actively. Will upload a video shortly. Just filled up my QT tank which is a 40B so that's ready if I need it. She also is blind, I am pretty sure (not a recent development and unrelated) but earlier I was looking at her (maybe paranoid lol) and thought it looked like around her eyes was swollen/pop eye??
Test Results for the Following:
* Ammonia Level(Tank) - 0
* Nitrite Level(Tank) - 0
* Nitrate level(Tank) - 10
* Ammonia Level(Tap) - 1
* Nitrite Level(Tap) - 0
* Nitrate level(Tap) - 0
* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.8
* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4
Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API
* Water temperature? I don't know. Room temp, no heater, AC set at 70.
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 100 gallon, 4-5 years
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Penn Plax Cascade 1200 and AquaClear 110 both w/ extra Biomax.
* How often do you change the water and how much? Once a week, 70-80%.
* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Four days ago, 80%
* How many fish in the tank and their size? Six, smallest two are 3 inches without tails, largest is 8 inches without tail.
* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
* What do you feed your fish and how often? Switch between NLS goldfish pellets (main), Omega One, Bug Bites, Repashy Soylent Green, veggies like zuchhini and peas Two times a day.
* Any new fish added to the tank? About a month ago I added one.
* Any medications added to the tank? Currently prazipro, second round which ends tomorrow.
* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. For this issue really I've just fasted the fish for three days and tried feeding peas several times. Hasn't helped.
* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? No
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? For a while she has spent a lot of time at the top, she'd gulp some, now she's not gulping but also her back is sticking out of the top.