Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SynthHermit

I've decided on Endlers!

3 posts in this topic

To share the tank with Clemens, that is. Along with Blue Pearl Shrimp,once I get my hands on them.

My plan as of now:

Going to lfs's on Friday,hopefully walking out with a new goldie and some Endlers.Mom found them today at the Petsmart where our dog gets groomed. =D

Those Endlers will hopefully be at least 1 male and 1-2 females.

Pick up some more live plants (thinking Java Moss and Java Fern(these are the ones that get attatched to rocks,right?))

Get the possible goldie adjusting to the tank water

Remove Clemens and re-do his 10G

Add Endlers first, then Clemens after a while

Watch like a hawk to make sure he doesn't kill them. Dx

So,what do you all think of this plan?Any changes you think I should make?

Also,a few questions on Endlers in general:

How does one tell between female guppies and endlers,as I've heard this is harder than telling apart the males(unless it;s a hybrid/pure comparison. still kinda in the dark on that one)? I'd like to keep the Endler line pure,if possible,so I don't want to breed with fancy guppies.

How long does a female hold onto/store milt for?

Should the number of fry get too overwhelming,to the point that I can't rehome them fast enough, could I dump them in the goldie tank for a snack? Or is that a no no?

I tried a Google search for this, but didn't find anything helpful. =/

They can store sperm for I think 3 months.

As far as I know, there's no easy way to tell a female guppy from endler aside from adult size.

I have 4 females that have like a 10% chance of being guppy/endler hybrid, 2 cobra guppy males, and 1 guppy/endler hybrid male with the most gorgeous long veil tail I've ever seen on a livebearer.

They're in a 60g with all my other fish. I saved about 12 fry from a previous birth, but after that I'm letting nature take it's course and whatever survive the other fish get to stay.

Really, when you think about it, they're sold as feeders anyway and it gives the other fish some exercise chasing them down and a nice snack at the end.

Thank you!

I was aware that they come from the store already pregnant most of the time,and as I'm thinking about selling the offspring I want to make sure that they're endlers if I can. Three months...wow.

I have never seen them sold as feeders. =o Now hopefully if I have to do that, the goldies will eat them and not decide that they're going to be friends... If only I had room for an Oscar...xD