Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dnalex

Tricolor Moors After All :P

42 posts in this topic

As some of you may know, I went on a trip to Dallas this weekend, hoping to get some new fish. I saw two beautiful butterfly telescopes, but they ended being too expensive. So I didn't get them. Today, on a trip to my 2nd favorite LFS, look what I found and brought home :P

I haven't named them yet. They are in QT, with salt and Prazi, and will likely be there for some weeks. I'm not in a hurry to move them. These are pics and a video after I transferred them to QT. Please pardon the bubbles. :)

SAM_2435.jpg

SAM_2436.jpg

SAM_2448.jpg

SAM_2438.jpg

SAM_2439.jpg

SAM_2451.jpg

Together :)

SAM_2454.jpg

SAM_2455.jpg

SAM_2459.jpg

SAM_2460.jpg

SAM_2461.jpg

SAM_2462.jpg

The video :)

Thanks for looking! :)

Beautiful!! I like these better. ;)

Woooow those are reeeeally nice! I've never seen colors quite like that before. Congratulations Alex!

Oh Alex... I love the one with one white eye :) And both are gorgeous and I cant wait to watch their color changes so PLEASE keep us posted ;) congrats on the Beautiful additions :) :)

Oooooohhhh, so pretty! Congrats Alex. Take lots of pics so we can share their colour change with you.

Wow they are so pretty! I wish we had a decent LFS within driving distance. I get petsmart, petco, and walmart. Other than the three I found on my one trip to petsmart, I have not found any more nice ones there. I stop there and look whenever I am in the area, but I haven't seen any more like my chipmunks since I got them.

congratulations alex, they look great :)

they're beautiful! Looks like you have a couple boys there? (judging by their manly pecs :P)

I was just wondering, what is the difference between moors and telescopes? Are they the same other than color, or are there other differences?

Edited by CindyGen

They are gorgeous! Congrats! :)

Omg, what an adorable pair! I'm jealous!!!

Both beautiful :) Congrats!

I love your white airstone, where did you get that?

Beautiful!! I like these better. ;)

Thank you! I do, too. They are also soooooo much cheaper than those other ones. I could by 8 of these with how much the other two cost. :o

Woooow those are reeeeally nice! I've never seen colors quite like that before. Congratulations Alex!

Thank you! I love these tricolors, even though they are transitional. I'll be happy with the final results as well :)

Oh Alex... I love the one with one white eye :) And both are gorgeous and I cant wait to watch their color changes so PLEASE keep us posted ;) congrats on the Beautiful additions :) :)

Thank you, Shell! That one is my favorite also. I'll be sure to document their color changes, as that's the most fun part in these cases :)

Oooooohhhh, so pretty! Congrats Alex. Take lots of pics so we can share their colour change with you.

Thank you, Red! There will definitely be lots of pics :)

Wow they are so pretty! I wish we had a decent LFS within driving distance. I get petsmart, petco, and walmart. Other than the three I found on my one trip to petsmart, I have not found any more nice ones there. I stop there and look whenever I am in the area, but I haven't seen any more like my chipmunks since I got them.

I was just wondering, what is the difference between moors and telescopes? Are they the same other than color, or are there other differences?

Thank you, Cindy! I lucked out this time. Our LFS here usually doesn't carry fish like these either. I had to go further.

As for moors versus telescopes, traditionally only black (and panda) telescopes are referred to as moors. There may be other technical differences, but these terms are not being used in the way they were originally intended for a while now.

congratulations alex, they look great :)

Thank you, Helen! :)

they're beautiful! Looks like you have a couple boys there? (judging by their manly pecs :P)

Thank you! They are both boys :)

The song and the pair go together like peanut butter and jaam hehehe....

I wish I had tuna like yours.

Right on. Glad thing worked out for you, Alex! They are spectacularl I love the big white eye on the one, and the peachy color on the other is such a unique color. Congratulations. This is going to be an amazing color transformation to watch. :)

They're both very beautiful- congratulations! How big are they right now? They make a great pair :) Will you be naming them?

They are gorgeous! Congrats! :)

Thank you, Mandie :)

Omg, what an adorable pair! I'm jealous!!!

Thank you! :)

We'll do a trade, then :P

Both beautiful :) Congrats!

I love your white airstone, where did you get that?

I got them both at Petco.

The song and the pair go together like peanut butter and jaam hehehe....

LOL. Thanks! :)

I wish I had tuna like yours.

Thanks. I feed goldfish to mine. Wait, or is it the other way around? :P

Right on. Glad thing worked out for you, Alex! They are spectacularl I love the big white eye on the one, and the peachy color on the other is such a unique color. Congratulations. This is going to be an amazing color transformation to watch. :)

Thank you, Dan! These fish are definitely color-changing fish, so it will be a lot of fun to see this process. :)

They're both very beautiful- congratulations! How big are they right now? They make a great pair :) Will you be naming them?

I will be naming them, but I have this thing about not naming my fish until after QT lol. They are about 2.5 inches right now, including tails, so they aren't that big.

I live in the Dallas area and always looking for a good fish store. Where do you go? Forgot to mention...I love them. Their color is neat!

Edited by Tiffken813

oh gosh Alex I am so jealous. they are both beauties!!

I am also jealous! I would give my right arm for a nice panda telescope or oranda or almost anything. Heck, I'd even take a panda bubble eye at this point. ;)

Very nice fish - I hope they do well for you!

So THAT'S where you were!!! Congratulations,Alex-they are both worth whatever searching and waiting you had to do :wub:

I don't know why I didn't post earlier...but I will steal #1. And where is mine?

Love them Alex! Very nice find.