Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Fdragonboss

Cabbage!

13 posts in this topic

Just wondering, could I feed my fish cabbage? Their goldfish and they absolutely love the peas...

hmmm.. I dont know that it has much nutritional value...although I could be wrong...usually the darker green, the more nutrients. I guess you could try it? But Id boil it until it was soft and tear it in little bit sized pieces.

don't i just put it in the veggie clip????

You could but then the goldies might have a hard time tearing it up...or they might ignore it completely like mine do.

cabbage is kind of tough uncooked..I dont think they would be able to rip it apart is the thing....why dont you try some of the more nutritious foods for your goldies? I know they love peas, oranges, cucumber, etc, but Ive also heard they like banana.. I havent tried that yet. When feeding vegetables, try to pick veggies with nutrition. Romaine lettuce, kale, mustard greens, all your dark leafy things would be better than cabbage. Most goldies dont seem to like the leafy stuff much, but some do. My goldfish also like shelled lima beans, pieces of green beans (although that probably isnt the best for them), cooked crockneck squash (I take out the seeds), etc. If you want to try a gel food then there are a lot more things you can try like salmon, pumpkin, red bell pepper, etc.

i acccidentally fed them peas with salt!!! :yeah: so I might need to get :newfish so that when they get :ill ???

They shouldn't get sick from just eating them once, just don't do it regularily.

So have you tried the cabbage? Interested to know how it went

yea I tried it, they absolutely loved it, but I had to freeze for 45 mins and then take it out and put one strip in the veggie clip. The only thing was... they didn't like it after about... 1 hour ;)

All the cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kale and collard greens) are VERY healthy foods to feed your goldfish. They all contain high levels of vitamins and antioxidants. Cabbage contains especially high amounts of vitamin C. Feeding older goldfish cooked cabbage is even reported to help protect the fish from fatty liver disease.

I'm supposed to cook the cabbage!!?!??! :unsure: Because I usually just freeze em for 45 mins and then take out and put directly in tank in veggie clip WOW!!! Tell me how!!! :blink:

Edited by Fdragonboss

So if cooking, I imagine Steaming is the best way to hold all the minerals and vits. It its boiled then you would lose most of the goodness.