Lots of spring pond chores.
1. Dose the pond with 10 grams of Prazi - for a suspected Fluke problem. I cast my stink-eye on the sellers of my 3 mail order goldfish. One has since passed.
2. Take a look at the GH and KH levels after a heavy rainy season. Found that they were below ideal. GH (7), KH (7),
3. Amend my 1000 gallon pond with equal amounts of calcium chloride and Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate). I will add slowly add this mixture over the next week. About a pound each.
4. Test pH. ( 8.0 )
5. add an environmentally beneficial, completely non-toxic bacteria product like Pond Perfect
6. Vacuum the mulm off the pond bottom, which is my small pond's equivalent of a water change.
7. Reverse backwash the bio filter, which is my small pond's equivalent of a water change.
8. Tend to the water lilies: do they need planting medium or fertilizer?
Do any of you pond keepers have any chores to add?