Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Goldfish Food Page

koko
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

User Feedback

:rofl ......... Thank you Ranchu I worked on that thing all day today.......Thought it might help others out on foods :D

Share this comment

That's a great idea Koko! I know lots of beginners get confused about all the different foods, and what you can and can't feed - this will be an easy reference for them. Including the gel food recipe is v. useful to: I intend to try that soon.

The only thing that bothered me was you mentioned in home foods that 'what we eat the fish can eat too'.... I have never yet eaten earthworms, well at least not knowingly! :lol:

Share this comment

Guest Maverynthia

Posted

However I guess we all agree that insect larvae is on the menu right? :lol:

Mmmmm..insect larvae...I think I'll eat some of these blood worms right now :lol1

Very nice page...help me choose the menu for the day.. :D

Share this comment

Great page guys! I visited it today because I have decided to start back into goldies after quite a few years off. This page certainly informs me of everything I need to know! :D

Share this comment

Guest argonaut

Posted

Great page, by the way my goldfish really love to eat watermelon

which i give to them as a treat every now and then

Share this comment

do i have to do stuff to the fruit b4 i feed it? and the extended list link doesnt work

Share this comment

Guest nobody_47

Posted

hi,

the list of home foods for goldfish isnt working,hey Koko please gimme a good list of other home foods for goldfish .

thanks

Share this comment

:krazy: Hey Koko, all I have are goldfish flakes for my goldfish, are they healthy for your goldfish?? Oh also goldfish came from China, so they can eat rice, try it! I even tried it and I once fed my goldish rice and the next morning they were gone! But if you are to try it don't put too much rice because it is big for goldfish so it takes a while for them to eat the whole thing, also take out any uneaten rice or else it'll cloud the water!!!

Share this comment

if there mouth will get in the food then yes.

As for flakes im not a flake person, cause the goldfish have to go to the top to get them and gulp up air which can cause the floats, even with pellet food I soak them. I mostly feed mine home made gel food.

Share this comment

What about household flies?

I put one in my tank and my gf nibbled at it but then seemed quite disgusted by it.

You'd think that because it's a fish it would eat a fly..

Share this comment

Not really these are tank raised fish, so some dont have a natural instinct to go after bugs. Also just like us they will like certain foods and dislike others. I have one fish that doesnt like broccoli but all the others do. :D

Share this comment

Guest stitch101

Posted

THANK U SOOOOO MUCH :tbanana ! I AM NEW TO FISH KEEPIN. THIS IS SOOO COOL :thumb:

Share this comment