So lately (the last month) I have been experimenting with duckweed and amounts of pellet foods (Hikari lionhead ~2.3mm and NLS thera A ~1mm) that I'm feeding the GF.
So things I've noticed :
- the amount of duckweed I feed does not bother them (no floating), also if your duckweed is getting the right amount of nitrogen the protein in it can get up to 40%
- the amount of pellet food does bother one of my GF in particular (Little Tom//ranchu) who is very good at eating and always gets the most.
- using a worm cone worked for a while until LT became very good at guttsing on the food in the cone
- I started crushing the pellets so that the amount each fish got at one time was less than if they ate a whole pellet (I started feeding 1 crushed Hikari pellet at a time/if using NLS crushed 2-3 pellets)
- If I fed more than 1Hikari crushed pellet or 2-3 NLS crushed pellets LT would nose dive/float until the next day
So my feeding regime now is mainly duckweed (everyday) plus every 2nd day 1Hikari crushed pellet or 2-3 NLS crushed pellets.